Translate

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Day 981 of Giving Thanks


Today I once again ponder the wonder of my Savior! I am grateful for the days that I need to seek Him more, whether because of my circumstances or my physical pain - for those I are times I hear Him best... He is working in my life in ways I never dreamed possible, and for all of it, I am thankful.



“For God so loved the world that he gave his only and unique Son, so that everyone who trusts in him may have eternal life, instead of being utterly destroyed. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but rather so that through him, the world might be saved." ~John 3:16-17 (Complete Jewish Bible)

God has loved you since the beginning of time... and truly wants you to be His... but it is you who has to go to Him; run to Him; believe in Him; know that you cannot do it on your own; trust His plan, which He reveals in time; but and again, to only those who are His....

Believe? or Believe!

That you and I are sinners. We all sin and will sin. That to be in God's presence we must be without sin...

Impossible? or I M possible with Him! 

The sentence for sin is death (death equals separation from God). Jesus lived a sinless life, knowing that we cannot. Jesus gave us the LORD's promises though His life. Jesus was tried, convicted and put to death for my sins, your sins (unjustly). On the cross, moments before He died in the flesh, all my sin, your sin and the world's sin of history was carried by Him - and in that moment, He was separated from God. Torture, even beyond the snap of the whips; beyond the thorny crown; beyond the hatred of the accusers (whom he died for too). And then, as the darkness lifted, it was finished. He finished it for you and me.

Knowing that we could not, He did... Knowing that you may not choose, He did... Knowing that you might turn away, dismiss, disbelieve, He did... Knowing that you would choose Him, He did...

Is it you He "did" this for?

Copyright © Shawn Boreta 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me