Translate

Friday, February 22, 2013

Day 984 of Giving Thanks

Accurate thought, not common sense is what we are called to live out.

We show love and shine truth by sharing the hard facts and accuracy of scripture. Let us not be afraid to stand firm and trust that His Word is sufficient, and the Holy Spirit is at work as we minister to others. Help us LORD to be salt and light... preserving Your Word and sharing Your hope through our actions. Let us remember who we serve in every moment.

Heaven... have you ever thought about what it really is?

Through scripture we can see the heaven that awaits. Let us prepare in whole heart, in right motives and through the truth of the Word. Let us not see Heaven as the world sees it, but as we were created to have it revealed.

“but we speak the hidden wisdom of God in a mystery, which God predestined before the ages for our glory,  which none of the rulers of this age knew. For if they had known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. But just as it is written,

“Things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard, and have not entered into the heart of man, all that God has prepared for those who love Him.” ~1 Corinthians 2:7-9 (Lexham English Bible)

Don’t miss this, “God has prepared for those who love Him.”

I think of "test everything"... I think about Heaven often; and really praying for wisdom as I go through the scripture to support accurate thoughts about my eternal home – my prayer is you desire the same.

There are two places we can go in death from this life - Heaven or Hell... both are very real and Jesus described them both. We must not diminish this as we minister to others.

The thought and command of "Test Everything!!!" once again comes to mind.

We do not wait 'til death to choose... because we are born set out for hell, but created for Heaven...

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." ~2 Corinthians 12:9-11 (New International Version)

I just want to be in His presence, for in His presence "all this" (the world) fades away, and "all this" (illness, strife and uncertainty) are no more, and "all this" (pain and exhaustion) disappear into nothingness. For in His presence all is gained, nothing is lost. I just want to be in Your presence O' God, wholly in Your strength and mercy to experience Your abundant, extravagant love.

Others will project their view of you on and toward you, don't let their lenses, which are flawed keep you from seeing who and what God intended for you to be. This is the enemy’s ploy to keep your eyes on your circumstances, rather than your destiny of hope. Hope eternal.

When we are working for others, not in our strengths, it is a fight. Lord I pray for those in this situation, just as I am - that a new opportunity will arise and present itself and joy can return. But in the meantime, we are to work in the strength of God if we cannot muster of the strength. And, revel in the hope that God's got this.

Love can do anything...
Who is Love? Love is God.
“We are free on our knees” (not sure where I heard this, but what a great line.

The Excellence of Love
"If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.
"Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
“Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.  For we know in part and we prophesy in part; but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also)have been fully known. But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love. (New American Standard Bible)


We must see "LOVE" as God sees it.

“but our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.  He will transform the body of our humble condition into the likeness of His glorious body, by the power that enables Him to subject everything to Himself.” ~Philippians 3:20-21 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

Let me end with a quote I heard last night on my way home on the radio, read again this morning, and hear once again on my way to work earlier today. C.S. Lewis said, “Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither.” 

Appropriate and absolutely confirmed over and over.



©2013 Giving Thanks Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me