Translate

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Day 985 of Giving Thanks

The alarm went off - snooze. The alarm went off - snooze. "Seriously, you have to get up..." dropped off to sleep again... The alarm went off - snooze. The alarm went off - snooze. Crying out, help me LORD. I felt like Trinity in the movie The Matrix when she had to make a run for it, knowing that it was going to take all of her strength and speed to move out of danger... she kept saying, "Move Trinity, move".

I hear that often, and for me it's so appropriate, for I know my "Trinity" will continue to move in me, for me and give me strength and courage to face another day.

The alarm went off - snooze. The alarm went off - snooze, but I then immediately turned it off and got up.

Our flesh lives in enemy territory, but our will, our hearts, our thoughts and our eternity belong to our Creator, because of our Savior, BECAUSE HE LOVES US SO MUCH.

I am up and moving and grateful for a new day.

Albert Einstein said, "You can never solve a problem with the same kind of thinking that created the problem in the first place”.

“We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." ~Corinthians 10:5 (New International Version)

His instructions says,, "BE"... in "Be strong and courageous... Not "Wait".... we are to be strong in Him. We are strongest in our weakness... this morning, that old 'feeling' of weakness in the flesh arose - I cried out LORD, "I need You! O' how I need You". And that was it... I dive into His Word, listen to His Words through worship and praise music and get still.

KNOW BROTHERS AND SISTERS, HE IS ALWAYS RIGHT HERE. Whether we 'feel' Him or not, when we submit, trust and abide, we recognize Him, realize His presence. I so desire that time when it will be a natural part of me... but I relish every opportunity to grow more toward Him and relinquish this flesh.

Thank You LORD for all the healing I have received and that, "By Your stripes", is enough... that although this life is filled with all kinds of pain and heartache, I know I can always get through what comes my way. Because of You Jesus, my life is whole, I am complete and this is just the beginning... so much to take in, look forward to and hold on to. Thank You for bringing me home so often on this narrow path and reminding me that it's You - in You, abiding in You, because of You - I have so much.

"By Your stripes", is definitely enough!

Let's try it this way...

The enemy is telling you, "Be afraid"... God is saying, "Don't be afraid"... who do you want to listen to?

The enemy is telling you, "God is not here for you"... God is saying, "I will never leave or forsake you"... who do you want to listen to?

Who do you believe?

Satan is the master of lies. The king of deception... it's time to start changing who you listen to.

Help me Father to be wholly seeking You... through the exhaustion and rumbling of circumstances.



©2013 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta

2 comments:

  1. Great words to chew on, Shawn. Thank you.
    I am reminded of the commercial whose slogan was, "if you want to capture someone's attention, whisper."
    Whose whisper will I be captured by? My God who loves me? Or the enemy seeking to destroy and devour me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Colleen. Yes, I remember that advert. Great questions. Must share. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me