Translate

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Day 993 of Giving Thanks


It is pride that keeps us from turning and running to Him... pride is a character of satan. Run from those urges and right into the arms of our Savior - "Come to Me". I love that assurance of hope.

If you are a believer, and spend most of your time finding what is wrong in others or their walk with Jesus, I pray that you are reminded daily (moment to moment) that we are all works in progress, that the only perfect person was Jesus, and He instructed us to love one another... please don't spend your time correcting others, when there are so many who need to be encouraged in their walk. It just makes sense to allow the Holy Spirit to lead us daily (moment to moment) toward our eternal perfection. We can watch others change around us, in amazing ways when they know they are loved.

I had someone say to me today, "Why are you doing all this extra stuff (meaning Facebook ministry)? You are not gifted in the area of counseling." Do you have people in your life telling you things like that, even though you know God has placed you right where you are? Maybe it's the enemy trying to feed you with doubt, when what you should be doing is seeking the peace of God.

Let God be a mightier presence in your heart, mind and soul than the naysayers that the enemy uses to distract you from your work for His Kingdom. Let God be the loudest voice you hear.

The Armor of God
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." ~Ephesians 6:10-12 (New International Version)

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” ~ Joshua 1:9 (New International Version)

Jesus said....“Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." ~Matthew 11:28-29 (New International Version)

My heart belongs to Jesus, but He has given me the power to love in whole heart all that and all whom He loves - today, letting the Holy Spirit lead me in love, kindness and tenderness. Why?Because - His pain for our sins, our sins for His death, our death to sin to be His for eternity all because He was obedient and loved us so much. Thank You Jesus for loving me this much. Why? Oh, because He loved me first and loves me perfectly.

I believe He desires us to know Him, and will give every opportunity for those to come to Him... He continued to pursue the Israelites and they kept turning. But He still pursues, while giving us all the opportunity to keep praying, ministering and witnessing... what a wonderful thing that He pursues, wouldn't you agree?

I don't know about you, but I don’t always respond correctly, but I really work at learning from my mistakes... When a mistake happens, and others are the victims - I let the hurt party know immediately that I realize what I did... I apologize and ask them to forgive me. Does it work out every time? No, but I do grow from each experience. With a heart for God we do not intentionally hurt others, but we are going to cause pain. Father we pray for lessons to be lived out in victory - YOUR VICTORY - daily. We pray for discernment, strength and courage to do the right thing every time... yes, every time. We pray for wisdom, a heart after Your desires and will and grace given, as well as received. We thank Him for His continual pursuit of us and His love unending! WOW!


© 2013 Giving Thanks Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me