Translate

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 995 of Giving Thanks


"They are bowed down and fallen, but we are risen and stand upright.
O Lord, give victory; let the King answer us when we call." ~Psalm 20:8-9 (Amplified Bible)

Be encouraged. 
Be hopeful.
Be joyful.

All these things require us to be His wholly, or they are just emotions that come and go. But God never leaves; He has been here, will be here and always knows where you are too.

Psalm 20
To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.
“May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble! May the name of the God of Jacob set you up on high [and defend you];
Send you help from the sanctuary and support, refresh, and strengthen you from Zion;
Remember all your offerings and accept your burnt sacrifice. Selah [pause, and think of that]!
May He grant you according to your heart’s desire and fulfill all your plans.
We will [shout in] triumph at your salvation and victory, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners. May the Lord fulfill all your petitions.
Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven with the saving strength of His right hand.
Some trust in and boast of chariots and some of horses, but we will trust in and boast of the name of the Lord our God.
They are bowed down and fallen, but we are risen and stand upright.
O Lord, give victory; let the King answer us when we call.”
(Amplified Bible)

I can spend my life questioning why, or I can press into Him and thank Him daily for the good days... and the lessons of the bad. That is what He has desired for me to do. I love His ways. I don't always like the moments... but I love the outcome.

One day, one moment at a time... every day get better. That is the ticket.

“It is only when we obey God’s laws that we can be quite sure that we really know him. The man who claims to know God but does not obey his laws is not only a liar but lives in self-delusion. In practice, the more a man learns to obey God’s laws the more truly and fully does he express his love for him. Obedience is the test of whether we really live “in God” or not. The life of a man who professes to be living in God must bear the stamp of Christ.” ~1 John 2:3-6 (J.B. Phillips New Testament)

He loves you, has loved you, and will continue to love you as only He can. Be encouraged and know that He will never leave You. He is always available to His children and seeks all of us, just as He so lovingly pursued the Israelites. He desires us to know Him. His ability to related to us comes through Christ's humanity, with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Let us not doubt Him, but run to Him. Know that He is always for us. Father, thank You.

You are our hope.
You are our light. 
You are our salvation. 
You are our peace. 
You are our everything.

I hear over and over, “Be still... allow Him to be recognized”. Ask the Spirit (in you) to reveal our Father. Thank Him for loving you so much that He is present, available and approachable. It is because of the humanity of Jesus that we can relate so amazingly to our Creator. I so appreciate this. Please share your prayers and praise today. Let us all pray together to our Father who loves us so immensely.

LORD, You know my heart, my "responsibilities", my fear and my limitations - help me to set boundaries, grow in trusting Your strength and wisdom to be more of You, less of me... all of You, none of me, but wholly who You created me to be. O, I so desire to step into that faithfulness, and trusting attitude. I love You Father. I stand in faith today for the physical challenges to become my un-worrying stand. In Your precious and perfect promises I trust and abide daily, moment to moment. Amen."

© 2013 Giving Thanks Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me