Translate

Friday, April 12, 2013

Day 996 of Giving Thanks


Again, I sit here, with tears welling up and my heart just about ready to explode at God's amazing goodness. There are so many praise reports in my thoughts... so, LORD, thank YOU for loving us so much.

"So be subject to God. Resist the devil [stand firm against him], and he will flee from you." ~James 4:7 (Amplified Bible)

God is our motive – pure of heart leading toward being Christ-like in every way... prayer is our vehicle, our conduit through the Spirit and purpose daily. We can talk about listening to God, or we can really do it... Get into the Word to hear His instructions and the love for His children.

You cannot control our circumstances, but you can control your thoughts, your actions or reactions, your attitude and who you run to in those circumstances. And it's our Father's strength through the Holy Spirit because of Jesus' work all our thoughts, actions or reactions and attitudes can be rightly done.

Two weeks ago I had a coworker tell me, "you’re not gifted in counseling, why spend all this extra time online?" I reeled for 2 minutes, got angry for a half day and got focused again...

My friends, God is calling you to do something. My point here is that you can recognize it, but others are probably recognizing it too... It's time to stop sitting on the sidelines, waiting for life to happen. He's encouraging you to allow Him to work through what does happen. Be action oriented with your faith. Be still, but move when He speaks. Rest, but move toward Him in that rest.

If you are not hearing God, seeing Him work - ask yourself?

  • Am I talking to my Father regularly? 
  • Does my Father know my voice? 
  • Are my thoughts moving toward His promises or stuck on my challenges? Are my thoughts stuck on my mistakes, mishaps, circumstances or past? 
  • Do others know WHOSE I am, because of my joy and hope? 
  • Am I self-centered, or reaching out to others? 
  • Do I isolate myself? 
  • Do I blame God, and/or others for where I am? 
  • Do I believe there is hope, or just talk about it? 
  • Do I minister outwardly the truth to others, but inside I am filled with fear and doubt? 
  • DO I TRUST GOD? REALLY TRUST HIM? 


He is calling you, pursuing you. It's time to 'pick up', listen and get moving AND STEPPING IN, COMPLETELY, TO HIS HEALING? Friends, it's our own words, more than others that hinder our healing. Make today the day that you decide to observe, correct... and heal. Make today the day that You hear His encouraging words for your life... "I love you", "I am here", "you are already healed" and "you are mine".

Is anyone with me today?

When the LORD leads us to counsel others, we can notice similarities in our behavior and those we are working with. The hope is that it's past workings, but the truth of the matter is, God will use others to help us see ourselves. He is so good.

God’s new plan—righteousness by faith, not through the Law
"But now we are seeing the righteousness of God declared quite apart from the Law (though amply testified to by both Law and Prophets)—it is a righteousness imparted to, and operating in, all who have faith in Jesus Christ. (For there is no distinction to be made anywhere: everyone has sinned, everyone falls short of the beauty of God’s plan.) Under this divine system a man who has faith is now freely acquitted in the eyes of God by his generous dealing in the redemptive act of Jesus Christ. God has appointed him as the means of propitiation, a propitiation accomplished by the shedding of his blood, to be received and made effective in ourselves by faith. God has done this to demonstrate his righteousness both by the wiping out of the sins of the past (the time when he withheld his hand), and by showing in the present time that he is a just God and that he justifies every man who has faith in Jesus Christ." ~Romans 3:23-26 (J.B. Phillips New Testament)

Be encouraged through His promises. O' how He is faithful to those who abide.



© 2013 Giving Thanks Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me