Translate

Friday, April 26, 2013

Day 999 of Giving Thanks


Yesterday I came home early from work, dealing with a migraine and all the symptoms that went with it… I was going to ‘tough it out’, but felt led to ‘go home’. I arrived at home and my mom (Chris’ mom) shared a need for prayer for a family member. Being home was where I was supposed to be. It gave me the opportunity to pray for and with my family in a time of need. To provide possibilities to a situation, based on my own experiences. I am grateful for prayer, for our God who loves us so deeply, He ‘thinks’ of all things and how they work together. I am learning, although it is a tough lesson for those who are stubborn (me), to listen, let go and allow the Spirit to work things out before I lose it in circumstances. There is a calming lately, and I love asking my Father, “How LORD”, rather than, “Why”.

LEAN ON, RELY ON, AND BE CONFIDENT”, that says it all. We love You Father, help us to do all these things. Confidence of the Holy Spirit, dependence on the perfect plan and guidance through the lessons of life, hardship of circumstance and the love of our Father, and through all things because of Jesus. Let us lean on, rely on, and be confident. Your will LORD God, Your purpose... Amen. (Psalm 37:5)

Father, I am so thankful for the good days... I am grateful for Your merciful strength that flows through me in times of great need. It has been very long days with work and with things going on with the family. I am grateful that I have made it through and although I am tired, I seem to be no worse for the wear. ;)

I praise You and am greatly humbled as I live out this life that truly allows me to depend so beautifully on You... I depend on Your strength, grace and mercy daily, I depend on You and You alone because You are perfectly trustworthy.

Prayer for Protection, Guidance and Pardon.
A Psalm of David.
"To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
my God, in You I trust,
Do not let me be ashamed;
Do not let my enemies exult over me.
Indeed, none of those who wait for You will be ashamed;
Those who deal treacherously without cause will be ashamed." ~Psalm 25:1-3 (New American Standard Bible)

He will see you through brothers and sisters...He loves you beyond measure, without ceasing, unending grace is yours through the blood of Christ. Praise Him in your trials... Praise Him in your struggles... He knows your tearful moments, your triumphs and your times in crying out to our Father.

The world delivers so much that looks good, seems right and brings comfort, but know this - these things are temporal and unsatisfying long term. There is a different choice of what is GOOD, is RIGHT and brings COMFORT, it's a perfect God who truly thought of and knows our true needs.

GOD IS TRUSTWORTHY, GOOD, RIGHT AND GOD IS OUR COMFORT. 

Don't be deceived, trust the LORD your God for what has b...
I wanted to share one more thing, in regards to standing strong, the why is easy, OTHERS NEED YOU TO CONTINUE IN PRAYER, it has eternal ramifications… keep praying for your family. Stand in faith, believe and allow yourself to change in the process and revel in those changes toward God.

Alone in your faith? That's what it feels like when you are the only believer in your household, when your ability to see change seems to fall straight to the ground. Defeat seems to be all around, as you see the enemy 'work your house'... Can I say, FIRMLY -
THINK DIFFERENTLY.
ACT DIFFERENTLY.
PRAY CONTINUALLY.
LIFT YOUR SPOUSE IN PRAYER, and all those in your household who do not know our Father in heaven, our Lord Jesus and walk in the presence of the Holy Spirit.
You are FAVORED and have the advantage.
Your family needs you to be STRONG IN THE LORD.

Don't give in to the lies of the enemy, and GRAB ON TO PRAYER DAILY, ALL DAY PRAYER, MOMENT TO MOMENT PRAYER... HIS WORD.

Grab on to His promises. Live in the light of the gift you received and live like eternity is at stake, because it is for your unbelieving family and friends. It is, and God, Son and Spirit are the key to their eternity.

Keep praying, stand firm in your faith... NEVER ALLOW THE ENEMY TO TAKE HOLD in your household.

© 2013 Giving Thanks Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me