Translate

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day 934 of Giving Thanks Daily - Guest Writer, Julie Gorman

"...'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty..." ~Zechariah 4:6 (New International Version)

The greatest exploit of life is to learn to fall gently back in the arms of The One Who created us and recognize He is in control; His purposes will be established.

Recognizing that God is in control gives me peace. I know that, at just the right moment, He can instantaneously open a door that I have been pushing against for years.

God called me into the ministry over 28 years ago. At the time, I thought I knew how that ministry would look. I was pretty certain I would serve as a travelling evangelist, preaching the gospel across the nations.

Today, though a small part of that is true, I find that God's call is so much greater than what I anticipated... I minister to my husband... I minister to my children... I minister to the next door neighbor who quietly struggles with the possibility of a brain tumor... I minister hope to the one who wants to have children but is told she cannot... I intercede for countless people who may never even know...

My journey has had a lot of twists and turns...disappointments...painful encounters...and seemingly set backs...But I recognize now, the heartache and disappointment that I once thought shattered any possibility of ministry, provided the testimony from which I can minister the unconditional love of Christ.

Over the years I have learned, that in my wrestling, I can strangely rest, knowing, God will open up the doors He's intended for me to walk through. After all, He is The One Who opens the door that no man can shut and He shuts the door that no man can open.

So, let me encourage you to...
Keep asking , knowing that you will receive.
Keep seeking, knowing you will find.
Keep knocking, knowing that the door will be opened to you.

My prayer for you today is that you will find rest in your labor, strength for your journey, and peace in the knowledge that you are loved unconditionally.






Original Article, November 16, 2009, His Love Extended


Julie Miller Gorman
Visit Julie Gorman at any of these ministry pages:
ForYourInspire For Your Inspiration
http://hisloveextendedministries.com
On Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me