Translate

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Day 943 of Giving Thanks



"Hear my voice when I call, LORD; be merciful to me and answer me." ~Psalm 27:7 (New International Version)

As I pulled the cold dark bottle out of the fridge and pulled back the plunger and into the skin it goes, I realized what a blessing it is to have access to the "little things". It's funny a few weeks ago while sitting in the doctor’s office, the nurse says, have you ever done this before? I’m thinking, “No, and thank God it’s temporary”. I sat there with that rubber ball in one hand, and a syringe in the other. The nurse says, “Just stab it...” and I thought this can’t be that hard; and it wasn’t. Once a week, is now three times a week and is for the rest of my life – now why am I throwing this out there? Last night I did not sleep very well, but my body had just “had enough”. I took my shot last night, which hasn't affected my sleep at all, until last night; and watched the digital reading of my clock go from 10:30PM to 1:40AM then it was 2:30AM and I believe I finally went out. But, in that time, as my body didn’t move, and felt as though it was plastered to the bed sheets, my mind just whirled, and I asked God to let me see things in His ways. Let me be grateful as He has taught me all these months of writing. Let me be in today and know that today is okay!

"The Lord has done it this very day; let us rejoice today and be glad." ~Psalm 118:24 (New International Version)

There was a time when the world truly revolved around me... well in my mind anyway. Today, I know that I am here because God was here first, and I will have eternal life because He loved me first.

It is all about Him, and about me knowing who I am because I belong to Him, today and forever.

Let today be the day LORD.

Father, it is a new day. A new day that is not yesterday, not tomorrow, but today. Let me remember that it is in the moments right now that I am to live and step into. Help me amazing Father full of grace and mercy to see the amazing day before me, through the busyness and the challenges, let me see WHAT YOU HAVE FOR ME, not what I see before me. I pray for the broken and shattered hearts, the minds that see a life of shambles behind and no hope forward. I pray and stand firm that many (MANY) of Your children will see those hearts through Your eyes, that those minds can be transformed through the amazing word of Your Word and promises for their lives. I pray that they CRY OUT TO YOU, and BELIEVE YOU ARE REAL for them. I pray for the power of the Holy Spirit to move them from the depth of all they are to become all You have for them. I pray from the bottom of my heart, the inner reaches of all that I am for them, my husband, my siblings and their children, my neighbors on the right, my neighbors on the left and all those who I have the opportunity to meet today. Let today be the day LORD for MANY TO COME TO YOU. Let today LORD be another day of hope and loving others as YOU SO AMAZINGLY LOVE ME. Amen

"But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us." ~Romans 8:37 (New American Standard Bible)

© 2012 Shawn Boreta, Giving Thanks Daily
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me