Translate

Friday, September 14, 2012

Day 938 of Giving Thanks - Guest Writer, Julie Gorman


An Open Invitation
Today, as I awakened early, God filled me with a passion to slip away and spend time with Him. As I retreated to my study, His Spirit was so evident, I couldn't help but respond...and boy did the tears flow. I felt prompted to turn to the Book of Esther. As I read her story, the Holy Spirit highlighted a rather obscure verse and compelled me to share it with you.

Esther 4:11, "All the king's officials and the people of the royal provinces know that for any man or woman who approaches the king in the inner court without being summoned the king has but one law: that he be put to death. The only exception to this is for the king to extend the gold scepter to him and spare his life. But thirty days have passed since I was called to go to the king." 

Ok, I told it was obscure...but as I read this passage of Scripture...I immediately thought how difficult it is to press into God, to approach His throne, especially when we feel as though He hasn't commissioned or called us into His presence (for a long period of time). King Xerxes hadn't called for Esther for 30 days. The law forbade anyone to enter the Kings Presence without having been called.  But, like Esther, we are positioned as a bride to the King, God's BRIDE. He positioned us as such in Christ Jesus and NOTHING can separate us from His love. And through Jesus, He extended an open invitation to come into His throne room boldly and to make our requests known to Him. As I read about Esther, I couldn't help but notice her humility in approaching the King. And again, felt impressed with this thought...when we come to God in true humility...we find His favor.

Isaiah 66:2 says, "This is the one I esteem: he who is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles at my word."

So, as we approach God humbly and ask anything in accordance with His will, I believe, He extends His gold scepter to us like King Xerxes did Esther and says, "ASK ME WHAT YOU WILL... UP TO HALF THE KINGDOM AND IT IS YOURS."

Friends, 2 Chronicles 16:8-9 says, "For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him."

Today, I want to encourage you to press in to draw near to God. Share your concerns with Him; ask Him to intervene; uphold your confidence in WHO HE IS and REMEMBER WHAT HE HAS PROMISED; maintain your hope in the promise of His Word: "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of him." (1 John 5:14-15, NIV)

PRAYER: Father, we come to You humbly with so many needs. We praise You God that You hold the power to grant our requests. We ask that You would move on our behalf, intervene when our enemies try to destroy, and ask that You would perform miracles on our behalf. Lord I ask that you provide for us, heal u, restore us, and empower us to fulfill all that You have called us to. May we sense Your favor and Presence today. Thank You for Your goodness, Your mercy, and Your love. In Jesus name, amen.

(New International Version)

Original Article, December 30, 2010, His Love Extended


Julie Miller Gorman
Visit Julie Gorman at any of these ministry pages:
ForYourInspire For Your Inspiration
http://hisloveextendedministries.com
On Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me