Translate

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day 939 of Giving Thanks


God said, “Rest”.
I said, “Not now”.
Needless to say, He wins!

“And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, because the power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore rather I will boast most gladly in my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may reside in me.” ~2 Corinthians 12:9 (Lexham English Bible)

My activities, or lack of them are not of my choosing, in fact, I would be going non-stop if I had my way, for that is my comfort zone. Obviously, God has other things in mind. Learning to heed His instruction, and dismiss my ambition that is blind by itself, but with Him, it is perfect vision.

With every day that goes by, and every emotion that is let go, every lie in my heart that is released and every thought that is not meant for me, I am more confident - not in my strength, but in His. With every day that goes by I become more like Him only because I am His.

Yes our hearts can be deceived, but we are instructed to search our hearts... With this said, LORD, expose all that needs to be exposed so Your changes can be done... and fill my heart with You, You and more You.

“He must increase and I must decrease.”  ~John 3:30 (Common English Bible)

The environment is ever changing, but the BIG PICTURE does not change… how we get there may change; often times, an obstacle or frustration is actually a redirection by the Holy Spirit pointing me to the right path or way of doing things. Look at disappointments, not as failure, but as opportunities.

Learning to "live one day at a time". (Matthew 6:34)

God gave us the very same means to create, that He is. Power of thought is God’s gift to us, through free will. Every day we are making a decision of some nature. We are constantly making decisions. All things include thought… (10,000 thoughts a day, Wow!). Our whole existence comes in our mind (it begins here), but it’s real. We can perceive things much differently than they are. We react to things based on our relationship with God. Our purpose, according to His will, we can achieve and we can experience and know joy. It is not possible to have peace or joy without being in God’s will. Our whole being needs to be set upon “pleasing the LORD”.

I trust You with all this LORD, and although it's a minor effort compared to others who have much more to endure, I hang on to that through of touching "the hem of Your robe", the healing promises of scripture, but mostly to the ultimate healing of salvation for which I am so grateful. This lesson of rest, through trust has been a very humbling experience. Sometimes the lessons of humility come as hard and long lessons. God is always merciful and He reveals the right way to do everything, my prayer is that I can hear His direction, and I move promptly toward Him.

Yes our hearts can be deceived, but we are instructed to search our hearts... Again I say, “with this said, LORD, expose all that needs to be exposed... and fill my heart with You, You and more You”.

Let us not place so much value on what man thinks or does, but on what Jesus did on the cross and let our gratitude speak for itself.

© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me