Translate

Friday, October 10, 2014

Thankful Life - October 10, 2014


“I’m late, I’m late for a very important date”, said the White Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland. And, those were my thoughts as I woke up and worked toward the front door to leave this week. I ran late every day this week… alarm… snooze, alarm… snooze, alarm… snooze – repeatedly, every morning this week. I am getting ‘enough’ sleep, but my body just does not recognize the rest. There are days when I am so tired of exhaustion, that I want to sit and cry, and others where “throwing my hands up” in frustration is a pointless and wasteful use of energy… so what do I do?  

Yep... really needing prayer. My faith is strong... yet, there are moments when the exhaustion and physical pain greatly distracts my spiritual progress. I need to read more, ponder more and believe more. But I have our LORD to see me through every single moment, but I do have to call upon Him.

I am grateful for all the moments that I NEED JESUS more. And, truly there are many of those to look forward to, I’m sure. And yet, in these times I can see more clearly – take in my environment more fully – love the good moments more deeply – ALL WHILE KNOWING GOD IS GOD, and I am His. That assurance is “to die for…” To be more precise, to die to self.

 “For [as far as this world is concerned] you have died, and your [new, real] life is hidden with Christ in God.
When Christ, Who is our life, appears, then you also will appear with Him in [the splendor of His] glory.

So kill (deaden, deprive of power) the evil desire lurking in your members [those animal impulses and all that is earthly in you that is employed in sin]: sexual vice, impurity, sensual appetites, unholy desires, and all greed and covetousness, for that is idolatry (the deifying of self and other created things instead of God).

It is on account of these [very sins] that the [holy] anger of God is ever coming upon the sons of disobedience (those who are obstinately opposed to the divine will),

Among whom you also once walked, when you were living in and addicted to [such practices].” ~Colossians 3:3-7 (Amplified Bible)

As I move through my day, and ponder God’s goodness often today, I am drawn more and more to ‘my’ Jesus and in AWE of the knowledge that He intercedes (at every turn and in every thought) for me before the Throne. How can I not be grateful? How can I not abide toward His commands and desires for my life? How can I not love Him more deeply every day? But even in His presence, the world, my habits, the physical pain and doubt can seep into my thoughts… so again, I seek and command in Jesus’ name for my thought life… for my actions… in these moments.

Back off satan... there is NO ROOM FOR you in my thoughts, or with anything or anyone around me. Father God, my Mighty Fortress, pursue my heart even more diligently today. Help me overcome myself and be overwhelmed with the Saving Grace so wonderfully gifted to me, and accepted into this heart.

“Hear my cry, O God,
    listen to my prayer;
from the end of the earth I call to You
    when my heart is faint.
Lead me to the rock
    that is higher than I,
for you have been my refuge,
    a strong tower against the enemy.
Let me dwell in Your tent forever!
    Let me take refuge under the shelter of Your wings! Selah
For You, O God, have heard my vows;
    You have given me the heritage of those who fear Your name.
Prolong the life of the king;
    may his years endure to all generations!
May he be enthroned forever before God;
    appoint steadfast love and faithfulness to watch over him!
So will I ever sing praises to Your name,
    as I perform my vows day after day.” ~Psalm 61 (English Standard Version)


©2014 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
#lifeincolorandWORDs
#ThankfulLife

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me