Translate

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thankful Life - October 16, 2014


It has been an amazing day in the LORD... I had a wonderful time with one of my prayer partners - my best friend - tonight. We have not had a chance to be face to face for over a month. And, it was a great time. We started doing an online study so we can be purposeful in our get-togethers... looking to fulfill our hearts, rather than our shopping carts or bellies (although, coffee was involved tonight). 

Father, You are awesome and I am so thankful for special times of filling. Thank You Jesus. Amen. My prayer today is that you will share what the LORD brings to your hearts and to your minds as you study His Word… As I began my day, I started with Genesis 17, and several things came to mind, that I noted...
(God) As I reviewed this text, I was confronted with God's faithfulness. Because of Christ, we are ONE. It's very difficult to not see God as I read scripture. As God instructed Abraham to circumcise all in his household, I immediately thought of sanctification in my own household - I am to pray for those who do not know God/Christ/Holy Spirit. (ME) The O.T. promise, was fulfilled through Christ's finished work as we trust and believe in Him. Obedience is the word that is highlighted here - implied, not said. (The World) Obedient to Christ-like through the strength of the Holy Spirit is a steady thread in my readings lately, this just added more for this personal conviction to obey Christ to share Christ through my life. For God's people, we are to be one, to abide and live Christ-like, so the world will see Christ.


I believe it will encourage others to seek more. We have many in the thralls of unrest, turmoil and grief... Paul wrote, "Do not loose heart..." we are to take note of our circumstances, but don't get caught up in them. We are reminded to seek God, dwell in His presence, seek His comfort... "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:16-18). What a wonderful thought it is to "get caught up in the LORD"... Awesome God so many need You right now. We ask for Your comfort and guidance as these waters are moved through. Let us know that You carry us through rough waters and never leave us in the calm. We are Yours Father and mighty Redeemer and trust Your every purpose. We pray for those around us who "run from You, and to the comforts of this world"... we pray for our own souls to be at peace, regardless of the physical pain, emotional pain that others work to engage us in.

My friends, don't ever 'think' you are not important to God... you are an amazing creation... and He really wants you to know that. Don't let anyone or anything sway you from knowing how beautiful you are.


I know there is so much to consider in this life... but when we consider all that He has for us, we can see this life's offerings as opportunities to seek Him. My heart breaks over all the heartache and pain that so many of you are facing and by no means can I even partially understand, but I can pray/we can pray... May the brokenness be replaced with our LORD's restoration in full, and may light be shown in the darkness that is consuming and devastating times. Be with us LORD and help us to be overwhelmed in the Spirit.

God is in pursuit of all of us, and not only to say the right things but to be drawn to the Word so we can grow... I know you are all busy, but would love to hear your thoughts - concerns - insights.

For me, it's about changing our direction, and going deeper.

"Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God,
To God’s holy people in Ephesus, the faithful in Christ Jesus:
Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Praise for Spiritual Blessings in Christ
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will—to the praise of his glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves. In Him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that He lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, He made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.
"In Him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of His will, in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of His glory. And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in Him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of His glory." ~Ephesians 1:1-14 (New International Version)

Thank You Father for Your faithfulness and persistence in my life. I am in awe daily, not only because You love me so much, but that You continue to show me so much. Help me LORD to engage as You desire me to engage; grow as You desire me to grow; and hope as only You can urge me to hope. In Jesus' mighty name, we pray. Amen.

©2014 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
#lifeincolorandWORDs
#thankfullife 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me