Translate

Monday, October 13, 2014

Thankful Life - October 13, 2014


Breaking through the thoughts that do not honor my LORD’s accomplishments with my life. That is my prayer today. Actually, these past few (or five) weeks have been a reprogramming of sorts. In the moments when “enough is enough”, I have to remember that “God is enough” and it’s time to redirect where my eyes, heart and ears focus.

Changing the way I think about what I am feeling, and how to manage emotions.

Yes, there is a whole new outlook for me. In my seeking God for daily strength, I sensed Him showing me to "see Me Shawn"... "it's all you need..." In the moments of my Father’s whispers and urgings I am comforted in a new way.

I could hear my inner most fears and inadequacies rise to the surface, “but what about the pain Lord” was the only thought I had… yet, immediately I understood what God had in mind. It’s the “about Him” part, not the going on with me part that He desires me to seek right now. And, really when I think about it, I don’t have to go far to find the “about me” part – but I do have to let go of it to seek Him wholly.

WOW Father, it is so clear – help me to live and relate to the daily application of my walk what is so deeply important to You.

“And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.
 "In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone.” ~2 Peter 1:4-7 (New Living Translation)

There is no fear… no worry about “how long will this go on…” (Psalm 118:6). No matter how many times my body aches, my heart will yearn even more. And, in the trials of the flesh, my spirit through the Spirit will rise above, soar and hold on, for there is nothing that this world can bring that my God will not handle on my behalf. Because I am His and there is nothing that can change this truth.

“No, but in all these things we prevail completely through the one who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” ~Romans 8:37-39 (Lexham English Bible)

Rest indeed today... rest indeed!

“But those who listen to me will live in safety and comfort. They will have nothing to fear.”  ~Proverbs 1:33 (Easy-to-Read Version)



©2014 Giving Thanks Daily
#lifeincolorandWORDs
#ThankfulLife







No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me