Translate

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Thankful Life - October 12, 2014


"Today you rest..." 

In letting go of the ‘old’ and allowing the new, there is much to consider… yet nothing to do. But, in our flesh, we do… and do… and do… and do!

“Today you rest…” easily said.

I awoke earlier than anticipated and started my day.  As I headed down the hill this morning, I was ready to receive the LORD’s Word and words today.

Let me Father hear and be moved… let me realize the relevancy and application as I seek Your guidance and act wisely in this life.

“Today you rest…” insisted my thoughts again.

Working through “Our Identity in Christ” again this week, and I am humbled again, and honored even more. Some of what I am hearing today is…

God speaks to you - individually and personally!
(Genesis 3:9, Jeremiah 1:5)

He knows you by name.
(Matthew 10:30)

I am learning that in these times of that I am 'tired', that I need to redirect my thoughts often – regardless of what I feel my physical body needs, I know that I am to focus on the spiritual. How is this done? One day – one moment at a time.

Again I hear, “Let go of the old – IDENTIFY AND EMBRACE THE NEW identity in Christ.
Don’t go back, don’t look back… leave behind our old identity to GAIN His… leave everything I know and leave behind ALL that does not glorify our LORD. Daily I know this is impossible on my own, but I do KNOW it is possible through the power and strength of the Holy Spirit in me. IT IS POSSIBLE.

What I know today about this... it is an exercise that must be done often.
“Now the LORD said to Abram,
“Go forth from your country,
And from your relatives
And from your father’s house,
To the land which I will show you;” ~Genesis 12:1 (New American Standard Bible)
“So Abraham went as the LORD had told him…” ~Genesis 12:4

So as I close out my day, I contemplate, “How does God see me? How will I know?”

Oh, thank You Father for Your Word and all that is revealed to my heart and continues to dwell in my thoughts and in my actions. Thank You for loving me ENOUGH and in such an overwhelming way. Thank You that I will never be without You providing I seek and abide; and pray and pursue! Thank You for leading me, as You pursue my heart and life to fulfill Your desires and will through my purpose. In Christ Jesus I am grateful and thankful as I pray and praise… Thank You Lord for giving me instructions to rest today, for it truly has been exactly what I needed today. Thank You for filling my heart and life so fully. Amen!

Rest indeed today... rest indeed!


So, what is the old that need to be "released"? It is the focus of the moment - the engagement of seeking Jesus, rather than comfort. Pursing a life that will glorify my LORD, and lead me to a deeper Christ-like outlook and path. It is letting go of prayerful moments for healing, and hanging onto the reality and gift of salvation that is already accomplished... it is letting go of allowing anything else to take priority, when it's all about living for Jesus - in His strength and power... it is letting go of any despair, for there is not sorrow in the promise of eternity with my Savior... it is letting go of unbelief and engaging in believing that God is for me, regardless of what is going on around or about me. It is trusting that I am His, and that is ENOUGH! Just as Jesus is ENOUGH!

REST INDEED... in the knowledge that resting in Him, because of Him that is all I need.

Other references for today (Genesis 12:2-3; 17:3-6: Revelation 62:2; Revelation 21:27)


©2014 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta

#lifeincolorandWORDs
#givingthanksdaily
#thankfullife

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me