Translate

Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Picture is Worth...Ballerina Medley

Ballerina Medley
by Shawn Boreta

Many years ago, more years than I care to remember, I danced. I didn’t just dance, everything I did included a kickball change or high kick. I danced around the house – most kids were told, “Don’t run, walk”… I was told, “Watch that lamp; be careful not to knock ‘that’ down; move that first…” and with hands reaching, the list would go on.
At four, I watched gymnastics on the television and that day was in the front yard doing cartwheels.  “Let the games begin”, my dad would say as soon as I bounded out of bed. It truly was the love of the melody; the beat; the strum of a guitar and run across a piano. My feet tap, my heart leaps, my mind dances within the music. I have many passions, but everything can be put right with the perfect melody in our minds.
As I sit here now, reflecting on the “the dancer of then”, I realize that who I am now is just that same little girl dancing around the living room, but in adult form. I still have to stay busy, hands, mind, feet, heart moving, and I realize that this life is our dance and our audience is of a much higher nature than one that sits in seats before us. Our audience is a King, not just one who sits high above us, but the One who has chosen to live within us. Mind boggling, isn’t it?

“To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy—to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.” ~Jude 1:24-25
What’s your passion? What gets your heart jumping and leaping? What keeps you going when all things say, “stop”? Are you going after your dream, dwelling in your passion today?
Enjoy your day and revel in every moment!
“Yours, LORD, is the greatness and the power
    and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
    for everything in heaven and earth is yours.
Yours, LORD, is the kingdom;
    you are exalted as head over all.” ~ 1 Chronicles 29:11

(New International Version)

©2013 Shawn Boreta, Ps139 group
(original artwork of decALLpage by Shawn)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me