Translate

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 974 of Giving Thanks


I have many days when "no trial" is really my internal trial. Maybe you can relate, but many times in the midst of good, I start to wonder, question or become concerned about the "what ifs". And it's in these moments I have to remember even more that I have a faithful God, I am loved, revered and I possess strength beyond strength to push through toward God - and away from the wrong of this world.

“For no temptation (no trial regarded as enticing to sin), [no matter how it comes or where it leads] has overtaken you and laid hold on you that is not common to man [that is, no temptation or trial has come to you that is beyond human resistance and that is not adjusted and adapted and belonging to human experience, and such as man can bear]. But God is faithful [to His Word and to His compassionate nature], and He [can be trusted] not to let you be tempted and tried and assayed beyond your ability and strength of resistance and power to endure, but with the temptation He will [always] also provide the way out (the means of escape to [c]a landing place), that you may be capable and strong and powerful to bear up under it patiently.” ~1 Corinthians 10:13 (Amplified Bible)

It has been an crazy and busy time of my life. It has been an amazing year, one filled with many challenges and perfecting changes. I am so grateful for all of you and what God is doing with all of us. We may not see all that He has for us in the middle of "the happenings" of our life, but we can know that He is... which means we can live in an amazing way through the strength of the Holy Spirit. We can stand firm and confidently because that is His promise. Every day is a new day and every day is an opportunity to see Him in ways that will bring us closer to who we are supposed to be with Him, in us. May the LORD be with you all and may He reveal the blessings that are right before you in every moment.

“What a wonderful God we have - He is the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the source of every mercy, and the one who so wonderfully comforts and strengthens us in our hardships and trials, and why does He do this ? So that when others are troubled, needing our sympathy (or as I like to say empathy) and encouragement, we can pass on to them this same help and comfort God has given us.” ~2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (New Living Translation)

In awe of Him seems to be a steady pattern in my life. I am learning to trust - which is a very tough thing to do, when I want so desperately to hold onto the lacks that exist all around me. I am not sure that you can understand, but it's the days like today that I truly cling to... the days where I can see Him, His work and His plans through this journey which is a mystery in the flesh, and a victory in the Spirit... they days when I truly desire to let go of this world and all that is the flesh... the days that I know His presence is all that is permanent and truth.

"And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." ~Matthew 18:3 (New International Version)

©2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me