Translate

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Quick Thought - Security



We recently had our home broken into, and in the weeks leading up to it, I have been convicted of evaluating my treasures here on earth - or at least what I 'think' my treasures are. It's definitely more than stuff that was lost in the break-in, it created a sense of security breech. We decided to get an alarm system installed, but my sense of safety does not come from a keypad and connection to a call center. It is through the connection I have directly to God, my Father. I believe the call center is His Word, for all I have to do is talk to Him with His promises in mind, live according to His will for my life and I am assured that He is right there for me.

 Father, thank You for keeping me safe and helping me know that I am safe. Thank You for showing me Your truth, and Your desires for my life. May my heart reflect Your desires greatly.

“[Put your trust in God alone] “Don’t pile up treasures on earth, where moth and rust can spoil them and thieves can break in and steal. But keep your treasure in Heaven where there is neither moth nor rust to spoil it and nobody can break in and steal. For wherever your treasure is, you may be certain that your heart will be there too!”” ~Matthew 6:19-21 (J.B. Phillips New Testament)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me