Translate

Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 978 of Giving Thanks

I love you Lord Jesus and I thank You for all You did for me. My life is Yours, and my prayer daily is to be less of me, more of You.

Do you know the LORD or KNOW the LORD? 

So many whisper "Lord", when in a crisis, or "God help me" and feel they know Him.. It is when the heart is ready to accept HIM as LORD that we begin to KNOW HIM. And, once we become His through acceptance of His gift that to us is free, but came with the ultimate price

Once we are His, we will still be imperfect, but it's through our desire to be perfected through Jesus that we can be obedient and live rightly. It is only with the Holy Spirit can His will for our lives be lived out, and for prayers to be wholly answered. Live for Him... abide in His Word and believe His promises... That is hope beyond hope, and love beyond love.

Do...
Love one another
Do...
Pray unceasingly
Do...
Read His Word daily, if not several times a day
Do...
Learn to know His promises

Don't...
Turn away from His hope

I have had several weeks of these conversations with the LORD... "Oh LORD, I am running late, help me with a word as I head out the door. Help me to hear what You have for me, as I settle in, and work down from the wound up of being late. Help me to settle in to Your promises, and all the hope that is. Help me to let go of me and settle into You." Do you know that the enemy LOVES our self-loathing, internal fears, doubt and worry? The enemy LOVES when we work against the clock, beating ourselves up and belittling our own actions...

Why? For every moment we "ponder" those things we turn away from God's direction.

God LOVES when we trust and release, and release to trust - which love would you rather know is on your side?

God, You are my hope, my wisdom, my love, my charity, my heart's desire.

He is what makes us shine, living through Him and leaving behind the death of this world. Rejoice in knowing His light, for without it, eternity is dark. He is your purpose, nothing is useless or futile in Him.

"Whoever puts his trust in me, as the Scripture says, rivers of living water will flow from his inmost being!" ~John 7:38 (Complete Jewish Bible)

This takes work. Create new habits of hope and remove what the enemy loves.

"Furthermore, we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called in accordance with his purpose; because those whom He knew in advance, He also determined in advance would be conformed to the pattern of His Son, so that He might be the firstborn among many brothers and those whom he thus determined in advance, he also called; and those whom he called, he also caused to be considered righteous; and those whom he caused to be considered righteous he also glorified!"~ Romans 8:28-30 (Complete Jewish Bible)

We must remember that if our work or our actions lead people astray, we are to account for that. If our ministry leads those around us to stumble, we are to account for that. Let us be aware, alert and proactive in our ministry to others. Let us not just share the Word of God, the love of Jesus, the wisdom of the Holy Spirit, but live it out by thinking and praying through our actions. If we remember our gifts, live for living toward our purpose, in God’s will, the Holy Spirit will be ever for us.

In using our gifts, remember greatly who the gift Giver is... the One who saves, is the One who equips.

"No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you.  This I command you, that you love one another." ~John 15:15-17 (New American Standard Bible)

We all have gifts, not the same ones and none are "required". God moves us toward Him in His time, and will reveal what is ours from Him...

"But I say, walk and live [habitually] in the [Holy] Spirit [responsive to and controlled and guided by the Spirit]; then you will certainly not gratify the cravings and desires of the flesh (of human nature without God)." ~Galatians 5:16 (Amplified Bible)

There are so many gifts we receive from our Father in heaven, salvation begins all things can be done through Christ. The enemy is active, aware and ever-ready to pounce. Use your gifts, but mostly embrace the One given us through the blood of Christ in the Holy Spirit.

In using our gifts, remember greatly who the gift Giver is... the One who saves, is the One who equips. Chosen… through choice and free will – oh to live according to Your will Father… in freedom, in victory, through love… 

 "No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you. This I command you, that you love one another." ~John 15:15-17 (New American Standard Bible)



©2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me