Translate

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 977 of Giving Thanks

As I sat before my computer to read His Word yesterday, these words just flew onto the page. “I am distant Father. Help me to stay connected. Even my prayer life is off. Help me to remove myself from the line sight of need and put others once again. Help me to remove my desire to grumble and moan. Help me to praise and revel in all that You are.

I see wrong turns and major detours when I am not in the Word, not studying His promises and remembering that my time is His… that the first part of each day must be set aside for Him. But really it is for me; to be assured, reassured and comforted. As I sit here tonight, after having very little time purposely “set aside”, I feel strained, drained and not so clear. And it’s in these moments, most of the time short, but on occasion way too long, I remember where I came from. What darkness held me.

Part of healing is having the understanding that God is bigger than the issue. Does it mean it's automatically going to go away, not a chance, but can it, absolutely?

Anxiety is fear, and we are told to "fear not"... It does not mean that it's easy; trusting God (also coming from experience with depression) has been a long, hard road - not because God took so long, but because I struggled (struggle) to trust Him. Living without fear is a habit of trusting. And for me, I need much reminding.

How often do we fight this flesh in fierceness to "trust God" in so many things? How often do we say we trust, but our actions show that trust is nowhere in our heart and definitely not embedded in our thoughts; we must learn to go to God in all things. I am learning to ask, “What do I fear”? Today’s answer, “Not as much as I use to, but more than I have the right to”. 

I understand one's desire to be healed. And, deep down, that is where I lack trust –healing– then I remember that through salvation, I am healed of the most horrendous thing of all, separation from God in eternity. I am a child of God.

"Yet to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God—" ~John 1:12 (New International Version)

Many say they know the Lord, but they truly do not KNOW the Lord. Jesus died for each and every one of us, for each and every one of our sins (which He carried to the cross), but to KNOW Him, you have to know that He died for you. The gift of salvation is before you. Yes, He carried all your sin, but you have to lay it down before Him to receive what He did for you.

I pray we can all be reminded daily or as often as needed to:
- Give it all to Him.
- Gains are in the struggle... not in the comfort.
- God makes everything beautiful through struggle.

Many of you are in physical pain, unrelenting trials, in the midst of severe heartache, you’re fearful and in a fight daily to “maintain”, and some of you are in the most excruciating circumstances – so what do we do? We trust the LORD. Maybe that is a daily heart check, or quite possibly a moment to moment need, either way, it’s growing into the habit of trusting. LORD, we thank You that You are truly in control. Thank You.

Live by the Spirit and Reject the Deeds of the Flesh
“But I say, live by the Spirit, and you will never carry out the desire of the flesh. For the flesh desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh, for these are in opposition to one another, so that whatever you want, you may not do these things. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. “Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are sexual immorality, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, factions, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, things which I am telling you in advance, just as I said before, that the ones who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh together with its feelings and its desires.” ~Galatians 5:16-25 (Lexham English Bible)


Paul's thorn, Job's continual trials (including the naysayers and bad advice), and we can look at so many examples who were fearful, mistrusting that God would come through... If you look at Job, it was His faith that God is trustworthy in all things... that's God - great, awesome, mighty, faithful and RELIABLE God!

Father, in our busy day let us remember You in ways that glorify You, encourage others and give us the hope that is so readily available to each and every one of us. We love You LORD and wish to honor You in the work we do, not only day to day, but in each moment. Amen.


© 2013 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me