Translate

Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 976 of Giving Thanks

Are you dealing with daily pain? Emotional build up? Hurt that just won't release?

"The LORD shall fight for you, and you shall hold your peace." ~Exodus 14:14 (King James Version ©2003)

As we come to Him, we can openly and heart-fully ask for His strength, courage, comfort and wisdom to bring you through whatever the pain is.

Today is a new day. Every moment is a new moment. Bring each day and each moment to Him.

"The things I have gone through and the way I feel have brought me closer to God. No, it has not been easy but I don't think I would change anything really because God doesn't allow anything we cannot bear. It has been through these hard times and infirmities that I have seen God's hand on my life always drawing me closer to Him. His grace is sufficient for me in my weaknesses. Jesus suffered and  so will we in this life at times for we are not greater than Him. I will continue to praise Him through the storms and become who He wants me to be. I give Him all the glory for what He has done in my life, for He has brought me through so much already and I am stronger than I thought I was but He already knew that! Thank you Lord and you are not done with me yet nor anyone here!!" ~Regina Payton

We all have challenges in this life. We all have obstacles and road blocks. It is those of us who trust in the LORD that get through them. With this said, it's not always easy, in fact it's rarely easy, but it is so worth it to trust God, hear God and believe that His promises are REAL AND JUST FOR US.

“Light is shed upon the righteous and joy on the upright in heart.” ~Psalm 97:11 (New International Version)


I have fought depression for many years. In the beginning, I would "affirm" my way out, but deep down the burden I felt still resided. Over the years, the LORD has lifted that burden. In the exhaustion and through my feelings of being overwhelmed, that battle is again rumbling inside of me. Help me to LAY THIS DOWN Father. Help me to see things from Your higher perspective. Help me get of me - help me to be selfless and keep my focus on what is good, and what is right and what is hope.

The ultimate victory is won. Thank You for that.

Let us use our gifts wisely, appropriately and to the gifts full potential. This is done through obedience to God... becoming more like Christ through following His will for our life. Following our strengths (our talents) - the uniqueness of 'you'... follow His lead, and recognize what He has given you... and all that you are because of Him.

Trust Him, for He has entrusted you.
(inspired by Matthew 25:14-30)

He created you perfectly to accomplish what He designed you to do... Continue to seek His will for your life. Ask Him to lead you to the right things to invest your time and talents in.

Ask yourself...
What am I better at than anyone else?
What are you passionate about and think about most of all?
What motivates me?

This journey of becoming more like Jesus, I find grace in so many areas of my life. Thank You Father for loving me so much and giving me daily insights to You.

I am often blown out of the water in my circumstances. Like yesterday, I just lost all composure under pressure - and although I kept crying out, I also didn't allow the LORD to be heard through all the noise of past thoughts, hardened memories...

Thank You LORD for the little graces, the tenderness that shows me daily You are here with me in my marriage. I stand firmly believing for the miracle of faith for my husband. Every day I praise You for Your comfort and presence.

I don’t know about you, but I know that history shows us that the flesh desires battle over love to convert the heart. But, it has shown to be fruitless. Let us show God's love through our love for others. Be passionate, in compassion for others. I find I battle myself more than anyone or anything else. And, in the middle of conflict or reflection afterward, I have to remember this truth. Sometimes the conversation most needed in your relationships is the one in front of the mirror... it should be, "what can I do to make things good?"

And, as these thoughts begin to flourish and my heart begins to sing again, I am reminded through His Word of His awesomeness.

“I will sing of the LORD’s great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. I will declare that Your love stands firm forever, that You have established "Your faithfulness in heaven itself. You said, “I have made a covenant with my chosen one, I have sworn to David my servant, ‘I will establish your line forever and make your throne firm through all generations.’”
"The heavens praise your wonders, LORD, Your faithfulness too, in the assembly of the holy ones.
For who in the skies above can compare with the LORD? Who is like the LORD among the heavenly beings? In the council of the holy ones God is greatly feared; He is more awesome than all who surround Him.
"Who is like you, LORD God Almighty? You, LORD, are mighty, and your faithfulness surrounds you.” ~Psalm 89:1-8 (New International Version)


Be encouraged. I am!

©2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web
Facebook

1 comment:

  1. THANKS FOR SHARING THIS!!!! YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!! AMEN!!!THERE ARE GOING TO BE TIMES OF BATTLE AND WE HAVE TO KEEP OUR FOCUS ON GOD!!!! THIS IS OFTEN VERY HARD TO DO.YES, WE DEFINETLY NEED TO HAVE A LOT OF CONVERSATION IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR. THIS IS WHERE MOST OF MY PROBLEM LIES. JUST BEING TRUTHFUL!!!!! AMEN AND THANKS FOR SHARING!!! AMEN!!! I ALSO HAVE SUFFERED FROM DEPRESSION, BUT GOD HAS SO GRACIOUSLY DELIVERED ME FROM THIS AWFUL PIT!!! PRAISE HIS NAME FOREVER!!!! AMEN!!!

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me