Translate

Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 876 of Giving Thanks


When you "believe" that you are at the end, physically, mentally and emotionally, know that His strength for you never ends. Believe that He has you covered with His blood, He holds you up, He intercedes continually for you and you are protected. Believe that coming to Him will give you rest. Today, I am counting on this. Today, I am seeking His presence often, as yet more comes my way. I am not asking “why” LORD, but I will ask “how”.

“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]” ~Matthew 11:28 (Amplified Bible)

How do I stay encouraged? And, You remind me that You already shared that with me – encourage others.


How do I show You in my daily actions? And, You again remind me that I must focus on others when times are the toughest and You will work out the details of my circumstances.

How do I keep praising You? You remind me that I am Yours… and I remember what You did on the cross for me.

LORD, thank You that I am constantly reminded of Your goodness in my life.

I need Your help today LORD, not sure how to do all that has been set out for me today. I am overwhelmed mentally, but seek to be overwhelmed in Your comfort and strength. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Don’t you just love that? “I will ease your souls.”

“And God's peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” ~Philippians 4:7 (Amplified Bible)

My best lesson is that of prayer and dependence on the Answerer of all prayer. Coming to a mighty and faithful God, diligently, urgently and through all my moments is what I was made for. That is my learned lesson. It is my desire.

Psalm 29
A psalm of David.
“You, divine beings! Give to the Lord—give to the Lord glory and power!Give to the Lord the glory due his name!Bow down to the Lord in holy splendor!The Lord’s voice is over the waters;the glorious God thunders;the Lord is over the mighty waters.The Lord’s voice is strong;the Lord’s voice is majestic.The Lord’s voice breaks cedar treesyes, the Lord shatters the cedars of Lebanon.He makes Lebanon jump around like a young bull,makes Sirion jump around like a young wild ox.The Lord’s voice unleashes fiery flames;the Lord’s voice shakes the wilderness—yes, the Lord shakes the wilderness of Kadesh.The Lord’s voice convulses the oaks,strips the forests bare,but in his temple everyone shouts, “Glory!”The Lord sits enthroned over the floodwaters;the Lord sits enthroned—king forever!Let the Lord give strength to his people!Let the Lord bless his people with peace!(Common English Bible)

Resting in Him comes through coming to Him, in all my circumstances. I can rest in Him in the good times as well as the bad. Because when I come to Him in the good, I can be readied for all the other times; and all times are good when we depend on the LORD, for I am healed, redeemed and He is revealed.



© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me