Translate

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 874 of Giving Thanks

"The Lord rules over the deep waters; He rules as king forever. The Lord gives strength to his people and blesses them with peace." ~Psalm 29:10-11 (Good News Translation)

It truly seems like it has been such a long time since I have been in hopelessness and despair is a very distant memory. Is it that I do not have life challenges, being alone in my faith, harsh circumstances, emotional hurt or loss or physical pain? No, it’s because I have recognized that I am not and have never been alone.

I am often reminded that I am not alone in this journey, although I may be spiritually single in my household, I have brothers and sisters who will pray with me, stand with me and above all, I have a mighty God who is always here. How do I know this? I have years of doing my own thing, after I felt the nudge to do His thing – then submitting and watching Him bring everything back to right order. Now I revel in waiting; waiting for Him, resting in Him and depending on His lead.

As I rest, I am comforted by His Word.

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should." ~Ephesians 6:18-20 (NIV)

As an ambassador, what is it that we are to do? Daily? Moment to moment? 

Be grateful, hopeful and obedient, through the strength and power of the Holy Spirit… that is the best advice I ever took to heart, and truly, it is the best advice you can take to heart as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me