Translate

Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 873 of Giving Thanks

In the sequences of the day, there are many parts of the day that just don’t seem to fit together. Today was one of those days. It seemed disconnected from the time I woke up.

Oh how your creator loves you. (John 3:16)

I will say that my life and all that I come to is a place of worship, and not a place of debate. I believe my Creator chose to save me, but I received all that He gave. May I just reflect on the amazing grace of our LORD, who, yes chose me, and I responded to His gift. For without me accepting His gift, I would not reap the benefits of His grace.

"For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten ([a]unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.
 "For God did not send the Son into the world in order to judge (to reject, to condemn, to pass sentence on) the world, but that the world might find salvation and be made safe and sound through Him." ~John 3:16-17 (Amplified Bible)

Victory is yours when you choose to be a child of God.

God so loved the world that He gave His son, of Himself so that we can live in eternity with Him... That is an amazing thing to hold onto, regardless of which way you believe it to be.

John 1:12-13 says, "But to as many as did receive and welcome Him, He gave the authority (power, privilege, right) to become the children of God, that is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name.
“Who owe their birth neither to bloods nor to the will of the flesh [that of physical impulse] nor to the will of man [that of a natural father], but to God. [They are born of God!]" (Amplified Bible)

Today (meaning every new day), I remember to reflect on who He is and what He did, more than on what the disagreements of doctrine we have. This use to really bother me, but I have come to know that God has a plan for every one of us, we must keep His desires for our lives in check, in focus and in perspective.

“I call heaven and earth to witness this day against you that I have set before you life and death, the blessings and the curses; therefore choose life, that you and your descendants may live
“And may love the Lord your God, obey His voice, and cling to Him. For He is your life and the length of your days, that you may dwell in the land which the Lord swore to give to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.” ~ Deuteronomy 30:19-21 (Amplified Bible)

So, where do I dwell? In Him, daily – daily I choose to dwell and rest in the promises. And, for that I am truly grateful. And when I do this, all the moments make sense, maybe not in the moment, but always in reflection. Thank You God for placing the sequences of my days perfectly.


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me