Translate

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 870 of Giving Thanks by Darci Escandon

“I''m really not a morning person,” I don’t know how many times I have caught myself saying this. What I should really be saying is that I don’t like waking up in the morning. Staying in bed and pulling the cover over my eyes seems to be so much more pleasurable than getting up at the crack of dawn and starting my day.

The truth is, that I have the Holy Spirit living inside of me and although I may be more of a night owl than early bird, there isn’t anything I can’t do if I allow Him to help me. I don’t like hearing myself say,“I’m not this and I’m not that….” These are self defeating thoughts and words and the more I feed them, the more in bondage to them that I become.

Before knowing God, I lived in the ways of the world. I entertained worldly thoughts and actions… and I knew nothing about what God could provide for me and do in my life. When I became born again, I learned that there was a new way to do life, God’s way. However, I still struggle with the pains and hurts of my past and even, the bad habits of thinking negatively about myself. Author Neil T. Anderson writes, “When you become a new creation in Christ, nobody pushed the delete button in your memory bank.”

God’s Word tells us:
“Because of this decision we don't evaluate people by what they have or how they look. We looked at the Messiah that way once and got it all wrong, as you know. We certainly don't look at Him that way anymore. Now we look inside, and what we see is that anyone united with the Messiah gets a fresh start, is created new. The old life is gone; a new life burgeons! Look at it! All this comes from the God who settled the relationship between us and Him, and then called us to settle our relationships with each other. God put the world square with Himself through the Messiah, giving the world a fresh start by offering forgiveness of sins. God has given us the task of telling everyone what he is doing. We're Christ's representatives. God uses us to persuade men and women to drop their differences and enter into God's work of making things right between them. We're speaking for Christ himself now: Become friends with God; He's already a friend with you.” ~2 Corinthians 5:16-20 (The Message Bible)

Wow, these 4 verses speak so much to me. So much is new and available to us when we are born again. Although nobody pushed the delete button in my memory bank it doesn’t mean that the delete button isn’t there. We are made new in Him. The old is gone. There is no more looking backwards. We have a future in Him, we have new beginnings in Him. We no longer have to entertain the self defeating thoughts that run through our minds. We are something to Him.

What this means to me is that I can become a morning person. I may not enjoy it, but I can become it.

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” ~Philippians 4:13 (New King James Version)

God an help us with anything, we just have to be willing to work on it and allow Him to work in our lives. What bad habits are you still struggling with? What hurts are you still struggling with? The truth of the matter is that you truly don’t have to struggle anymore. Letting Go and Letting God will give you more freedom that you can ever imagine. Allow God to press that delete button in your mind and see what type of life He has waiting for you.

Lord, thank you for convicting me of my self defeating thoughts. Lord, thank you for showing me my self worth and for showing me how I can live for you. Thank you for my struggles as they bring me closer to you and most importantly, thank you for giving me Your Word to study and grow in. Lord, help me to become a morning person and learn to greet each day and sunrise with joy and thanksgiving rather than tiredness and laziness. Lord, I turn these thoughts over into your hands and I ask that you help me wipe these thoughts from my mind so that I can continue to do your work. I fall on my knees before You Lord, and I praise Your name! Amen.




© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Darci Escandon
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me