Translate

Monday, April 9, 2012

Day 868 of Giving Thanks

I choose to stand on the work of Jesus, speaking the truth and delivering as He guides me. I often think of the first commandment, and so many times, I thought, how could this be difficult to follow? Then I remember, I live in a fallen world.

I am grateful for God’s work in me, the evolution of my life, growth even in the storms and especially through the trials.


Every day the enticements of this world bombard us, sometimes these “idols” are obvious but mostly they are subtle and come on slowly. A couple years ago, I realized that I had been living “this Christian life”, but with God as a close second to many things; which really meant my God, my Savior and Redeemer, who died for me and has promised eternity, was nowhere near being first.

It has taken a long time, the loss of much and many trials and tribulations, but God has shown me his corrections and right ways. Now when I say loss, I realize that my loss is my gain according to His will. Wonderful news, isn’t it?

For me, in summary... 
I see all of this as obedience to the first commandment.

“THEN GOD spoke all these words: I am the Lord your God, Who has brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before or besides Me.’” ~Exodus 20:1–3 (Amplified Bible)

Depending on the Holy Spirit and following His lead, makes it easier when asking for help with the outcome. In Your will by Your lead O'God, take me deeper into knowledge and confident in my actions.


Today, I live for Christ. He died for me. 

“For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, it is much more [certain], now that we are reconciled, that we shall be saved (daily delivered from sin's dominion) through His [resurrection] life.” Romans 5:10 (Amplified Bible)

Every day as the enticements of this world come at me, I know that it is already finished. I have victory. I am His, and that is everything I need. And the most amazing thing is that as I was in the thralls of living through “whatever” comes my way, God’s grace is ever-present, and the Holy Spirit is dependable. Wonderful news, isn't it?



© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me