Translate

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 869 of Giving Thanks

Fear no longer defines me, victory does. All around me there is a battlefield, one that I cannot see, touch or even comprehend. A battlefield that many years ago kept me in fear, darkness and despair, constantly in dismay. Today, I stand in the light of all hope through the LORD and know that although that battlefield still rages all around me, I am safe in the blood of my Savior, constantly in confidence. I remember every day to stand on God's promises today, not within your circumstances.

“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control.” ~2 Timothy 1:7 (Amplified Bible)

Tonight I stand in prayer with you all. We come together with You LORD and ask that You reveal all that You have for us, Your children. As we stand before You, let us have eyes to see, ears to hear and hearts to be wholly Yours. We lift the sick and needy, the weak and tired, the anxious and despaired and trust Your work for those who desire You and accept Your truth. Let us come to You in love and seek Your light for all things. In the mighty name of Jesus, we pray. Amen.

“Moses told the people, Fear not; stand still (firm, confident, undismayed) and see the salvation of the Lord which He will work for you today. For the Egyptians you have seen today you shall never see again.” ~Exodus 14:13 (Amplified Bible)

The enemy loves chaos, when we buy into it, and we allow it. I sit and listen to the rain pouring down outside, and it’s a great reminder that the storm will go on outside and around me, but inside is a calm and perfection of a God who loves us, desires us to realize His calm and perfection. And, tonight as I listen to the storm, I am immediately calmed. I am grateful for the amazing transformation. I was speaking with a friend today, and we both noticed the same thing. That we can truly “get it”, or as we said, “get God”; meaning that we now understand that it’s always God in us that is the calm, for without His presence, chaos would persist. I am grateful for the amazing realizations that I now recognize in my life.

Be Anxious for Nothing 
“Rejoice in the Lord always; again I say, rejoice. Let your gentleness be made known to all people. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds [and thoughts] in Christ Jesus.” ~Philippians 4:4-7 (Lexham English Bible)

I am grateful for all of His promises. 

“Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”“Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under His wings, you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. “You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.” ~Palm 91:1-6 (New International Version)



© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me