Translate

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 878 of Giving Thanks

LORD, I just want to thank You today, for the little things and all the major things, in the mighty name of Jesus. And, my life continues to be a prayer of praise. I am grateful for so many things. And, as I share what is on my heart, the moments of my day, you tell me what you think, a day of major things or little things?

OK, so here is my God story for today. Three Saturdays ago, while at the dealership getting Chris' new tires, we determined that I too needed all four. There was a sale through the end of month. And, since then I kept "meaning" to set the appointment to get them done. Well, it's the 25th, right? I was going to go in on Friday, maybe even Saturday before the end of the month.

As I pulled into work this morning, got out of the car and walked behind it, I heard, 'sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss'. I dropped down on one knee at the rear, passenger tire and discovered where the noise was coming from - a nice big screw.

Guess God wanted it taken care of today - so, task started, at work and ready to move to the next task... do not hesitate, or procrastinate, do it now. When I do what I am supposed to do, I never have to wonder, “if I”, not that I ever should, but know this, I expect to come out just fine, no matter what. 

Thank You LORD that You watch over me. Even in my negligence, You protect me and keep me going down the safest path. Thank You LORD, that I can expect good things to happen, even through the not so good times, moments and storms.

It's not that we are not supposed to expect much, it's that we are not to expect perfection here in this life. We are to revel in the moments, because we have God in us 24/7 we can overcome all the imperfections this life delivers and in that we can expect all that He has for us.

So, for me, I expect perfect hope, perfect love, perfect salvation and the perfect moment after perfect moments and I will bloom among the weeds. I will grow deep roots that will withstand all that the harshness of this world delivers.

This all came about as I came to the end of myself - that was what got my attention. It was not until I knew I was done, that I would let God take it. You've heard, "Let go and let God", it's a simple command, but not the easiest thing to do - wanna know why? Because of pride and fear. We have to decide which one we are holding onto.

“So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.“For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority. In Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the flesh was put off when you were circumcised by Christ, having been buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised with Him through your faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.” ~Colossians 2:6-7, 9-12 (New International Version)


Every moment of every day is a moment to be grateful. And, my life continues to be a prayer of praise, how about yours? 





© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me