Translate

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 879 of Giving Thanks

When you mention, "I had a massage" to most people, they always say, "lucky you"... as I think about my 60 minutes of "therapy" last night, I definitely don't think, "lucky me", but I do thank God for yet another opportunity to change my focus. Tonight as I sit here, 24 hours later, I am amazed at how much I am able to ignore on a daily basis. That is a huge praise. I write this here, because this is why this page ((I am not) Broken Glass) has the name it does. As this tiny, Chinese woman shared her gift of touch, I experienced the sensation that has been a part of my life for so long. As she touched me, I grimaced and prayed. As she found "the spots", my mind worked diligently to distract what was being experienced. And I made it through, and here I am tonight, feeling like I had the hardest workout in years. I am supposed to have this deep tissue therapy every week, yet, it takes every effort to get there every two to three weeks.

I am still learning to let go of the past, and for me, sometimes, it is the pain of just a few minutes ago – a daily focus on God’s plans, purpose and the healing already accomplished is the true relief from this world.

"Focus your eyes straight ahead; keep your gaze on what is in front of you. Watch your feet on the way, and all your paths will be secure." ~Proverbs 4:25-26 (Common English Bible)

I know LORD, there are many in pain, many who find it takes every ounce of energy and will to get out of bed, or step one foot in front of the other, to take a breath, and many other things that for most of us comes effortlessly. I pray for those Father who need Your strength to do everything in their day. I pray for those whose pain takes everything out of them. And, I stand grateful that You carry mine completely and tenderly. In humility and embarrassment for the complaining I have done, I ask for forgiveness and I fully recognize that You already know what this body can handle. Thank You LORD for always being here to lift me up, pull me through and keep me focused on what is truly important. Thank You for healing me of the worst illness of all and that is eternal death, separation from You. Let me always know gratitude, and the love You have for me. In the mighty name of Jesus, let us know healing and Your mercy. Amen.

A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” ~Proverbs 17:22 (New International Version)

Joyfully, I proceed in this life, expectantly, in hope, through love and all because He loved me first. There is hope in the healing already provided, and hope in the healing yet to come, in this life or the next, is up to my God, my Creator, my Redeemer, my Life. He has always promised healing to those He loves.

“The LORD said, “If you are careful to obey the LORD your God, do what God thinks is right, pay attention to his commandments, and keep all of his regulations, then I won’t bring on you any of the diseases that I brought on the Egyptians. I am the LORD who heals you.” ~Exodus 15:26 (Common English Bible)

Are you waiting for healing today? I pray with you – for strength, like no other strength of the LORD. I pray with you – for courage, like nothing you have ever experienced before through the LORD. I pray with you – for hope, for days that pour blessings over you like the sun shines upon the earth. I pray with you, for joy, from the depth of your soul and radiates His goodness. And, we can be sure, Jesus intercedes for all this an more for each and every one of us, whom He loves. 

“Who is there to condemn [us]? Will Christ Jesus (the Messiah), Who died, or rather Who was raised from the dead, Who is at the right hand of God actually pleading as He intercedes for us?
Who shall ever separate us from Christ's love? Shall suffering and affliction and tribulation? Or calamity and distress? Or persecution or hunger or destitution or peril or sword?” ~Romans 8:34-35 (Amplified Bible)


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me