Translate

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Note of Encouragement

WOW!!!
B E A U T I F U L !!!!
by Stephanie Wolfe-Saini

How are you doing today?

If your day is particularly trying, the Lord will see you through it? I know I repeat myself a lot but as you draw closer to the Lord, He will draw closer to you. Doesn't make sense? Ok! If your not walking real close to Jesus yet then He has a hard time coming some place He's not invited. So as you talk to Him more and more He will feel more comfortable being open with you. As you read the bible more and more and pray and show a true desire to know more and more about Him, He is going to open up amazing volumes of knowledge you never dream possible. I'm not just taking up space here it's true. After 30 years of just reading the bible that's all it was but when I wanted a much closer relationship with Him, I began to open the bible, and as I was reading my heart was opened up to places I felt like I was visiting. I enjoyed the old testament and before, I didn't. The wars made more sense.

At that time, I decided that I wanted to read the bible all the way through and that's when I began building a closer walk with my Lord and Savior. It's been so awesome since. The Lord can only come close to you when you desire to walk close to Him. When you are tempted, then He can help you with that temptation because you are learning to trust Him.

"Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." ~Mark 14:38 (New King James Version)

So it says we are weak in ourselves but Jesus is able to help us overcome that temptation. Try it with an ice cream bar. You want it but you're trying to lose weight So talk to Jesus and see what happens when your heart (not your mind) is truly desiring to stay away from sweets. Praise the Lord.



© 2012 Stephanie Wolfe-Saini


Stephanie encourages others with Ps139 group; she is our primary writer on the Beloved Unbeliever and (I am not) Broken Glass pages, and contributes to Wonderfully Made and Psalm 139 with purpose. She has an amazing insight to God's grace and tenderness.

2 comments:

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me