Translate

Friday, August 31, 2012

Day 931 of Giving Thanks - Introduction

Introduction
written November 2010 (365 days after Day 1 of Giving Thanks Daily)

I am an avid people person and now a huge Facebook fan. I jump on every morning and before I go to bed.  As I perused my friends’ posts on the morning of November 3, 2009, I saw a post from my friend Catherine. She was on her third day of being grateful and her post, even though I had seen the two prior days, hit me this day.  So, I decided to take the challenge.

The first couple days seemed pretty easy, and I thought “this is pretty easy”, and in actuality, it is very easy. I don’t write at the same time every day, I don’t have a system and I am not tied to a common thread, except giving thanks. I just think back on my day or yesterday; or look forward to the day coming up and I write.

We all have so much to be grateful for. For some people, we fight to stay positive, others we are already there. This is a way for me to stay focused on what is really important, and truthfully, it’s not me. The important things in life, for me, include my family, how I can please God and finding ways to give back. In general, I am a very upbeat and positive person, but over the years, as many people, I have faced challenges and somehow become less than positive or upbeat.

My desire is to go every day of my life finding new and wonderful things or people to be thankful for.  This devotional/journal is only a start. A habit is formed in 21 days, get through this little book, and you are well on your way.  Please take my challenge, and for the next 90 days, create a habit of thankfulness and being grateful.

The Beginning Days
Nov. 3, 2009
Day 1 of Giving Thanks!
I am grateful for the lessons I am privileged to learn; and to know that with every mistake I make, I can get better; and I am accepted and loved no matter what. Yesterday I had a bad start and from the time I started moving, I felt behind (almost defeated). I stopped, prayed and started again. I had a terrific evening and was more productive than most full days. Thank you Lord.

Nov. 4, 2009
Day 2 of Giving Thanks!
I am thankful that I live in the best place ever where I have the freedom to tout my God and faith. And, it's ok for others to do the same. I am grateful hat there are people fighting to keep our liberties. Thank you Lord – for choosing this time and this place for me to exist.

Nov. 5, 2009
Day 3 of Giving Thanks!
I am thankful for my ability to talk, walk, see, hear, feel and learn. There have been a few challenges these past few months, and I am grateful that God reminds me that even tough I "feel" overwhelmed or whatever, that I still have all my capacities. Thank you Lord for showing me that it is always ok.



Again, I challenge you, take the 30 day challenge and intentionally "Give Thanks Daily" - journal, write it daily, then look back after 30 days and let us know how it went... then, KEEP GOING!



Are you up for the challenge? 


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me