Translate

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 926 of Giving Thanks

I am exhausted Father; every part of me is crying for strength this week. And, that strength comes through praise.

“I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches.” ~Psalm 119:14 (New International Version) 


As I sat before my LORD this morning, I asked Him to flood my mind with all His promises, every word that delivers hope, my heart to overflow in gratitude, and I was able to cruise through my day. In fact, I am continuing to “go” and it is late. I am ready for rest, a rest that requires focus and steadfastness so that I can count on the Holy Spirit to work all this out as I sleep – the worry, uncertainty, and moments of despair as I think what my physical future holds. I have to completely remove, the “what if it doesn’t work” and the “what will be done” behind – completely behind. It is a choice to focus on Him. To revel in the “what has already been done”.

Daily we make a choice to live for God... I cannot imagine not being grateful. I think of Job and how deeply He knew that God's promises would hold through the tests of time - how deeply the LORD loved him. Let us all have faith like that in ALL our circumstances.

We are to have active faith and that means active prayer. Note to self, when I need prayer most, I know someone else out there needs it more. Show me LORD healing through intercessory prayer.

“And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.” ~1 John 3:23 (New International Version)
“Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.” ~John 6:29 (New International Version)
“For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.” ~John 3:17 (New International Version)

My active faith is trust.
My active faith is confirmed through the Word.
My active faith belongs to the LORD.
My active faith is continued prayer.
My active faith requires Him in all my thoughts.
My active faith is my life is a prayer.
My active faith will pull me through every time, because active faith required active relationship with my God.

© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me