Translate

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 930 of Giving Thanks - Guest Writer, Donna Wright


 “FAILURE!” 
by Donna Wright

“The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble” ~Psalm 9:9  (New International Version)

At one point in life, I found myself sitting on the edge of my bed, face buried in a towel, rocking back and forth while weeping under an emotional avalanche of failure. The weight of it swept over my mind, choked out my breath, and pulled me down into a dark, murky depression like a huge anvil plunging in water.

Past successes seemed insignificant. Diehard dedication faded to perpetual imperfections. It didn’t matter how far I had come in life or how hard I fought to regain myself on this journey. That ugly feeling of failure pounded it’s judgmental gavel against my emotions until it broke core of my self-confidence.  It seemed impossible to fight.

Yet, I STOOD my ground then and STAND my ground today.  The feeling of “failure” is an attack that stems directly from YEARS of being called “FAILURE!”.

I am not a FAILURE.  I am a daughter of Christ!  I am a royal diadem in His crown. I am a treasure to the heart of Jesus. He has my name engraved in the palms of His hands!

I’m fighting to WIN this battle. God is my confidence! God has made my life a success! He is the HEALER of my heart and emotions! I will push forward in prayer. I will read scriptures out loud to myself. I will speak LIFE to all those places where the enemy has spoken death. This is a battle and God IS MY CHAMPION! I’m on the winning side!

FAILURE is a LIE. It is a stronghold that the enemy has cast onto many lives. WE ARE NOT FAILURES! God’s power IS GREATER than the lies of the enemy, stronger than the lies of abusive people, and bigger than the lies we tell ourselves.  GOD IS OUR STRONGHOLD.

Jesus has the authority to break off the feeling of failure from your life. Lift your soul to Jesus and let the power of His Spirit fill your wounded heart with VICTORY and SELF-CONFIDENCE!

"Because of the oppression of the weak and the groaning of the needy, I will now arise," says the LORD. "I will protect them from those who malign them." ~Psalm 12:5 (New International Version)
“But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,' declares the LORD, 'because you are called an outcast, Zion for whom no one cares.” ~Jeremiah 30:17 (New International Version)


Donna is a survivor of over two decades of domestic abuse and acts as a mentor and friend to those living in or coming out of abusive situations.  She currently volunteers for Servant’s Heart Christian Ministries’ domestic abuse support page called, “Haven of Hope”.



© 2011 Donna Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me