Translate

Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 922 of Giving Thanks

“I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]”  ~John 16:33 (Amplified Bible)

It has been a day of scripture, reflection and learning. In this life we are faced with decisions. We must choose well. Today, I contemplate many things, and know that there are decisions to be made. As I come to You now LORD, and I take this time to dwell in You, worship You, listen for You, let it be Your desires for me be heard and Your desires for how I serve be known deeply in my soul. Amen.

Father, let me continue here with prayer, as it honors and glorifies You for me to be humble before You. To realize I do not and cannot have the answers on my own. That words are only words unless they are backed by Your Word.

Let me continue to know that my losses are really my gains.
Let me continue to realize that the subtleties of corrections repair severe infractions that keep from whole presence in You.
Let me remember in every situation my choice is submitting to You wholly.

We may see something completely different than what the LORD sees, let us always (did I say ALWAYS?) come to knowledge and truth through the Holy Spirit. Let us seek You LORD in all things to be wise in.

“And he said, Peaceably; I have come to sacrifice to the Lord. Consecrate yourselves and come with me to the sacrifice. And He consecrated Jesse and his sons and called them to the sacrifice.“When they had come, he looked on Eliab [the eldest son] and said, Surely the Lord’s anointed is before Him.“But the Lord said to Samuel, Look not on his appearance or at the height of his stature, for I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.” ~1 Samuel 16:5-7 (Amplified Bible)

Many of the long time evangelists have taken the stand that church is church, faith is faith, but that is not what the bible says. The false teachers are many. Many of which were revered at one time, are now using this same methodology and have banished the Holy Spirit. The path is narrow, very narrow (Matthew 7:13).  I am grateful for all His truth.

Let us LORD in Your strength through the Holy Spirit remove all that we bow down to "in Your name" that which is not You. Let us reflect on Your Word, depend on Your truth and adhere to it. In Your name we ask to be bold in faith, stand for the truth and display grace that is pleasing to You.

God can use evil and wrong for His good, but I believe it's His job not ours to decide how to do that (Matthew 6:24). Caution is to be exercised when we open ourselves up and expose ourselves to false teaching and cults; and we are not to partner ourselves to false religions and be in alignment in anyway (1 Corinthians 15:33).

“Do not be so deceived and misled! Evil companionships (communion, associations) corrupt and deprave good manners and morals and character.” ~1 Corinthians 15:33 (Amplified Bible)

© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me