Translate

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Day 928 of Giving Thanks

God sure comes to different conclusions than we do, ehy? Thankfully, He knows better than we do.

He is all that He has promised... and so much more than we can perceive. Daily I pray for His perspective. 

It really is the the simplest of thoughts that can be the most profound. Today, I have pondered much over these many years of knowing God, but during a conversation earlier today, it came down to GOD IS COMPLETELY TRUSTWORTHY IN ALL THINGS!

Simply simple and true.

I have been thinking and praying much about so much.  I am finding He is directing me directly to Him, eliminating the middle man/woman so I can hear what HE has for me, no confusion. Often, I am brought back to “the basics”, those verses I learned early on, those thoughts that brought me directly to my heavenly Father in all times. I find myself pondering, “Don’t I know that He desires us to desire that pureness of heart, that newness of faith, while desiring the amazing wisdom that only comes from the Holy Spirit teaching me?” Am I alone here, or is this resonating with anyone else?

“Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.” ~Jeremiah 33:3 (English Standard Version)
 “and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.” ~Isaiah 61:3 (New International Version)
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.” ~Matthew 7:7-8 (New International Version)

His Words are what I need, as I walk through this journey. It really does seem as though we have had our share of "stuff" going on. The challenges never cease, do they? So, what does this mean? What questions do I ask, so I can confirm His work in me?

How are we to cope?
How are we to rest?
How are we to encourage one another and grow stronger?

For me, the biggest question is, “How am I to stop and hear God if I am in the middle of stuff and circumstances?” Every day, the LORD asks me to minister to others, to share my heart and show the love of Christ through my prayers. My question for you is, “Will you join me today in sharing the light and salt of Jesus? Will you minister to others, share your hearts and prayer with others.”

If you are not ready for this, what is holding you back from being consistent in your faith? May I just say for me, "It's me"! LORD help us to walk in faith, be disciplined and to take action.

Action toward Your Word daily.
Action toward prayer continually.
Action toward being salt and light.
Action toward releasing the old and embracing the new of You.



© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me