Translate

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 923 of Giving Thanks

Sometimes we have to get out of God's way so we can see what way we should be going. I am ready Father, show me the way, lead me in grace and help me to press in as You desire.

“You can enter true life only through the narrow gate. The gate to hell is very wide, and there is plenty of room on the road that leads there. Many people go that way. But the gate that opens the way to true life is narrow. And the road that leads there is hard to follow. Only a few people find it." Matthew 7:13-14 (Easy-to-Read Version)

Sometimes we have to get out of God's way so we can see what way we should be going. I am ready Father, show me the way, lead me in grace and help me to press in as You desire.

God made me, and drew me near to Him... it's the God part of me that was drawn to the truth to Jesus.

I sometimes have to think of it as my insides are God, but the outside gets this worldly film... that film cannot change what I am inside. So, we can ponder, did our insides change? Yes/No? We will never not be created by God. We can really try to filter our logic into all this, but as you see, our filters are different... the great thing is WE ARE HIS.... inside and out... because of the robe of righteousness.

There is a part of all of us that yearns for God... desires to know Him and to understand. When I was far away from God, I still knew when He was tugging at me... that's the Jesus in us. The drawing of the LORD... the voice that says, "He's calling, go to Him".

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."~ Isaiah 41:10 (New International Version)
"Don't panic. I'm with you. There's no need to fear for I'm your God. I'll give you strength. I'll help you. I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you."~ Isaiah 41:10 (The Message)

Before I knew the LORD, I questioned much... and received no answers which I now know, I was blinded to the truth, and deceived by the enemy of lies, and wholly believing the fallibility of miracles. Today, in knowing the LORD, truth is revealed in amazing ways. I will get a word, a direction, a vision and before I know it, the verse will be presented, a confirmation revealed through a conversation or whatever else God will use to ensure I know it's Him.

Did you know the enemy cannot get to your thoughts (know what you are thinking), but can influence them? Did you know that only God can know Your thoughts and can give you the power and strength to hold onto His truths and dismiss the lies?

Father, thank You for reminding us that You have given us comfort through Your words for so very long. Help us to remember the words of the Psalmist as we pray, seek and trust. God truly does communicate in many ways. I have grown to realize that His ways are truly perfect. God truly does communicate in many ways. I have grown to realize that His ways are truly perfect.

“Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given.” ~John 1:16 (New International Version)

TEST EVERYTHING. Brothers and sisters, make sure that you test everything. Don't allow the world to deliver things that sound good, for the world belongs to the enemy...

TEST EVERYTHING.

"Do not spurn the gifts and utterances of the prophets [do not depreciate prophetic revelations nor despise inspired instruction or exhortation or warning]."But test and prove all things [until you can recognize] what is good; [to that] hold fast."Abstain from evil [shrink from it and keep aloof from it] in whatever form or whatever kind it may be."And may the God of peace Himself sanctify you through and through [separate you from profane things, make you pure and wholly consecrated to God]; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved sound and complete [and found] blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah)." ~1 Thessalonians 5:20-23 (Amplified Bible)

Do not trust man, trust the LORD. Allow the Holy Spirit to guide you to the truth, every time... and every time, test everything! From the beginning, He is all we need, and trustworthy to His Word - every time. 

© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me