Translate

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Note of Gratitude

The Ups and Downs - Life
by Darci Escandon
Ps139 group

Life is like a roller coaster. You have your ups and downs and while you are on the ride, there are times where you can’t stop smiling and then others where you think you are going to get sick. It can be exhilarating and cause an adrenalin rush. Other times, it may seem like the ride will never ever end. I know that’s how my life has been lately. Tomorrow, will be one of those crazy, nervous, may feel like throwing up (sorry for being graphic) day. After work, I will be going to see my stylist and she will be shaving my head. I stopped to see my mother in law this afternoon, and most of her hair is gone now due to the cancer. I made her a promise that when her hair falls out, I will lose mine as well so that she wouldn’t be alone in her baldness. For me, it’s just hair and it grows back… but her’s may never grow back . So, it will be an emotional time for me… Yet, God is so good and present. With all this craziness going on, my father and Muslim brother are looking forward to me sharing with them, what I am learning in my Old Testament class over these next 8 weeks (each one of my classes only last 8 weeks so they are really intense). I am looking forward to being able to witness to them….so, with the exciting comes the devastating, with the joy comes tears, with the pain comes love. This is my roller coaster ride of life and I wouldn’t change it for the world. I am so grateful that I stayed in line and got on the ride!



© Darci Escandon, Ps139 group





No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me