Translate

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 912 of Giving Thanks

I have been in Isaiah... it is the one book I have read over and over, and enjoy over and over.

"Instead of your shame you will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace you will rejoice in your inheritance. And so you will inherit a double portion in your land, and everlasting joy will be yours." ~Isaiah 61:7 (New International Version)

Let's break this down...
We have sinned, but we must let go of our past... and revel in the grace of His gift of eternity. Let us revel in all that He has for us.

EVERLASTING.... that is a big and wonderful word, wouldn't you agree?

Have you ever felt like the past decisions, mistakes, mishaps or just dumb actions have made an unfixable mess of your life?

You might, but GOD NEVER DOES. He is the amazing fixer.

He promises restoration in so much of His Word, and one of my favorites come from Isaiah.

"They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated; they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations." ~~Isaiah 61:4 (New International Version)

He does this, HE REBUILDS all that we tear down BUT restores us to what we are supposed to be. That is better, right?

"and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor." ~Isaiah 61:3 (New International Version)

Because of who He is, and because of who I am with Him, I rejoice. I am joyful and I experience all the amazing things that come with “Life with God”. 

I often reflect on what I no longer dwell on as I did in my past; I am not saying I have it all figured out and that I never go back, but I am saying that I contain the Holy Spirit and ask often to remember this. For it is when I remember the LORD in me that I can realize the life I have because of Him – I can remember all the changes that have been accomplished in me, and I realize how very fortunate I am to know the truth and to know that only with the truth can truth be wholly known.  Let me continue LORD. Let me come to realize all that You have for me.

I don't know about you, but I tend to wrap up all my emotions in a little box (compartment of my mind) and hold onto it until something makes it leak out and spill all over. Why do I do that? What is it that makes me vulnerable in this way? Sometimes I just don't have the answer to all my questions, but God has the answer to all questions; and I don't even have to know what the questions are. How about that!

Lord, take my little box and open it wide, help me to dump all that is there that can leak out and spill out all over. Help me to realize that I never have to store up any emotions or anxiety, but I AM TO STORE UP ALL THAT HE HAS FOR ME.

“All that You have for me (and you)” – promises, hope, mercy, tenderness, joy and so many other amazing things.




© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shawn :) My name is Yue-Li, and I am reading your blog all the way here in Hong Kong. Last week, I googled "giving thanks to God every day", and that's how I stumbled upon your blog. I just want to say thank you for your wonderful sharings - they are wonderful, and I really look forward to reading your new posts, as well as look through your older ones. Thank you, and God bless :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Yue-li. I am glad you are enjoying the blog. If you send me an email, I am happy to send you my book as well, which is a short devotional.

    shawnboreta@att.net

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me