Translate

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 919 of Giving Thanks

As humanity, we are either encouraging and helping each other on this journey to learn and grow, or tearing one another down. Those who help us, stretch us and make us better.
Thinking of "Iron sharpens iron". (Proverbs 27:17)

Ministry is engagement. At what level depends on the purpose of the ministry. So, lets engage, communicate and grow together. There is not competition, no "better", just different wills to be carried out... God's will for that ministry and those involved. Let me share how He continued this thought over the past twenty-four hours...

The LORD has been really working on me in many areas, “Engagement” in what I do, whether at my job, through ministry or with my family. I have a tendency to disconnect a bit when stress settles in… I dive into the Word, but find it difficult to engage in all the others areas of my life. I rarely ask for ‘help’ or challenge my own actions. So, as I said, lately God has really been working on me. His promise to “Never leave me”, hits home every time and His desire for me to be “Strong and Courageous” tugs at my heart deeply. When I forget these simple, yet profound and amazing words, His Words, I deny what He has for me – and I am reminded to remind others of the same. (Hebrews 13:5, 2 Chronicles 32:7)

“Your way of life should be free from the love of money, and you should be content with what you have. After all, he has said, I will never leave you or abandon you.” ~Hebrews 13:5 (Common English Bible)

A great reminder is in the words of Timothy, and the Lexam English Bible kept it in simple terms for me tonight:

“Because of this, I endure all things for the sake of the chosen, in order that they also may obtain salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. The saying is trustworthy:For if we died with Him, we will also live with Him;if we endure, we will also reign with Him;if we deny Him, He also will deny us;if we are unfaithful, He remains faithful—He cannot deny Himself.A Worker Approved to God and Not Ashamed“Remind people of these things, solemnly urging them before the Lord not to dispute about words. This is in no way beneficial and leads to the ruin of the hearers.  Make every effort to present yourself approved to God, a worker having no need to be ashamed, guiding the Word of truth along a straight path.” ~2 Timothy 2:10-15 (Lexham English Bible)

Denying God and Jesus happens, outwardly when we don't stand for what is right and what is true. Every time we allow ourselves to be quiet when we should speak up, and we don't. Or we should act, and won't. I have to be trusting and believe that I can Trust the LORD with all things.

I just got home from a very trying week; really needed all the verses that many shared with me today pertaining to His assurances on "Be Courageous", "Trust in Him" and "Be still". Some wonderful brothers and sisters share the most amazing collection of verses that completely indwelled every part that was in need tonight.

Prayer for Protection, Guidance and Pardon.A Psalm of David.“To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.  O my God, in You I trust, Do not let me be ashamed; Do not let my enemies exult over me. Indeed, none of those who wait for You will be ashamed; Those who deal treacherously without cause will be ashamed.” ~Psalm 25:1-3 (New American Standard Bible)

Getting into the Word is essential, critical as well as required if you want to know God intimately. Reading a few words here and there is not enough, although He is enough. The only way to get to know God is by reading what He has given us and allowing the Holy Spirit to work through those words for us in our own hearts.

Don't we tend to fondly remember a kind word and down spiral with not so kind words?

With this said, wouldn't it make sense to share kind words with others, so the seeds that are planted are the fond moments for that person? And leave the not so kind words completely out of the equation and in the dark pit they belong in.

God's Word is just the refreshment to go along with this refinement.


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me