Translate

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 910 of Giving Thanks

I started in the Sermon of the Mount today, and landed here.

“The good person from his good treasury brings out good things, and the evil person from his evil treasury brings out evil things. But I tell you that every worthless word that they speak, people will give an account for it on the day of judgment! For by your words you will be vindicated, and by your words you will be condemned.” ~Matthew 12:35-37 (Lexham English Bible)

Every day we are challenged with decisions. And every day we live with the fruit or the ramifications of those decisions, whether immediate or latter on down the road; this really hit home when I started to take complete responsibility for my actions.

LORD forgive me for my moments of doubt in my days. Forgive me for asking for the same thing over and over, as if You don’t realize what I am requesting. Help me to see the right things to ask for and to do... Let me be watchful and aware, let my intentions be intentional.

"My cross to bear", this phrase has come up quite a bit lately. As I ponder this statement, my heart really breaks for Christ, as I tend to make such a big deal over what I go through, and what He went through cannot even be comprehended... shed light LORD on what is truly "My cross to bear" and what is self-pity. She light LORD on what is to be worked through or delivered from. Let me be constantly enlightened, continually growing and wonderfully fulfilled in the process.

He is calling if you can't hear Him, you are not listening.

How do I know this? Because He left us with His Word.... and we have His favor, experience His mercy and revel in His grace.

I hear often, “My intention was…” And as I think back on my life, I find that I said this often. And every time I said this the situation did not turn out the way I intended… so, in my heart I am equating, intention for IN-TENSION. This is not a judgment, but an observation. Many intend to do much, intend to be better, intend to do good – now I ask LORD for Your intervention and the intervening to see my path rightly, so “my intend” is "Your intend" for me. My mind reels with this… my heart, my mind and my actions, let them be worthy and let me be led in humility and in Spirit. 

“The LORD’s word came to me:  Human one, speak to your people and say to them: Suppose I bring a sword against a country, and the people of the land take a certain person from their assembly and make him their lookout. When he sees the sword coming against the land, he blows the trumpet and warns the people. If they hear the sound of the trumpet but don’t heed the warning, when the sword comes and they are taken away, they are responsible for their blood. They heard the sound of the trumpet but didn’t heed the warning, so their blood is on them. If they had paid attention to the warning, they would have saved their lives.  If the lookout sees the sword coming but doesn’t blow the trumpet to warn the people, when the sword comes and takes away any of them, they are taken away in their sin, but I’ll hold the lookout responsible for their blood.” ~Ezekiel 33:1-6 (Common English Bible)



© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me