Translate

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 918 of Giving Thanks

God is good and He cares deeply for His children. It’s all about the lessens for me.




Sometimes we have to get smacked upside the head to see that getting smacked upside the head isn't really that good of an idea. God will show us that our ways aren't always His ways. And for me today, whatever You say LORD is good by me... getting tired of being wayward in my actions.

Your will LORD, Your way. Thank You Father that I have experiences that allow me to grow, and experiences that allow me to share.

I am not a nervous person, or a worrier in the sense that I sit around worrying about stuff going on in my life. I do have concern for things that are amiss. I have not always been empathetic through my life for those who have challenges coping emotionally, mostly because I have always just "sucked it up"... Well, I have been softening to that much lately.

And, yesterday gave me an entirely new perspective. I have been under a great deal of stress with my job, and really praying about God's plan for me in the area of my career. As I left the office yesterday, which was a pretty 'normal' day, I had a wave come over me like I have never experienced before. My immediate thought, "I left the house open this morning." Which I know wasn't true, but the panic and urgency that flooded my thoughts was uncontrollable. Then all these thoughts of horrible things encapsulated my every move and thought. It was like I couldn't bring myself back to reality, like I had just stepped off a cliff.

That drop lasted about 40 minutes; I couldn't breathe, I felt as though my heart would just stop, and in those moments, that would have been ok. I was in complete despair and a heaviness over me that was truly suffocating me, like I was drowning in every hurtful and painful memory. As I drove home, I found it hard to focus, but I didn't feel in danger; I could not get home fast enough.

I kept trying to pray, but I was speechless as well as breathless and the words were just not there - helpless and out of control with my emotions. It was horrible. I got home and confirmed everything was ok there and had to head back out for a test (academic, not medical this time) and called a friend; who helped talk me down, so to speak and prayed for my test. Which is yet another story. God did it, that's all I can say.

I am still sensing the after-effects of a bad experience. But I know God is good and He is with me. And, today is a new day. Thank You Lord for new days. 

Oh how I love to get to know the "body of Christ", my brothers and sisters. I know that I am running my own race, but I am able to catch the draft of those right before me.

"We have all these great people around us as examples. Their lives tell us what faith means. So we, too, should run the race that is before us and never quit. We should remove from our lives anything that would slow us down and the sin that so often makes us fall." ~Hebrews 12:1 (Easy to Read Version)

I must realize the starting gates are open, and the race is on... the best part about this race is that we already have victory. I must realize when we allow the Holy Spirit to move in us, we move toward God, and what a great thing to share. Thank You LORD that i can share. 


"and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor." ~Isaiah 61:3 (New International Versions)

© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me