Translate

Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 915 of Giving Thanks

“For in Him the whole fullness of Deity (the Godhead) continues to dwell in bodily form [giving complete expression of the divine nature]. And you are in Him, made full and having come to fullness of life [in Christ you too are filled with the Godhead—Father, Son and Holy Spirit—and reach full spiritual stature]. And He is the Head of all rule and authority [of every angelic principality and power].” ~Colossians 2:9-10 (Amplified)

Don't you just love that? 

"in Him the whole fullness of Deity"
"[in Christ you too are filled with the Godhead—Father, Son and Holy Spirit—and reach full spiritual stature]"

We cannot measure up on our own, but we have, not only Christ in us, but the whole fullness of Deity! WOW... that's all I can say.

Without God there is much doubt, with God there is no doubt.

LORD, help me not allow others to take my joy, to stop me from working for You. Help me Father to stay strong, stand firm and stick to the plan. Thank You for correcting my actions, changing my heart and equipping me to do all that You have for me.

We all have someone in our life who we want to change, the flip of that is we all have people in our life who want us to change...

What are we to do?

Allow God to be the changer, as He is the lover of our soul and will make the right changes if we allow Him.

"Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek the Lord: Look to the rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn". ~Isaiah 51: 1 (New International Version)

It has been several weeks of attacks on many fronts, but I am totally encouraged. Just some thoughts.

I am finding that I am attacked through God's people more than through the world. I sit and wonder, "How is that possible"... "Doubt" set out to destroy the thoughts of the deliverer and the receiver. Stand firm, just because another believer says something to you, does not mean it's from God. We move steadily in the Word, constantly seeking wisdom through the Holy Spirit and asking for others to join us in prayer. Let us remember to edify our brothers and sisters; ask a question, rather than condemn or accuse. Remember when you speak to someone that you do not know the entire situation, don't assume; pray for wisdom and act as directed by the Holy Spirit.

I admit all the time I don't get everything right, but my heart is right in all I do.

Father I am trying so hard to be forgiving, yet my heart is really struggling this time. I have been dealing with a situation for quite some time and I have run out of steam. Please take this from me, take my feelings and comfort my soul with Your promise to never leave or forsake me. Help me to stand firm and seek and pray for wisdom continually. In the mighty name and saving work of Jesus, I pray.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you." ~James 1:5 (New International Version)

Father seeking guidance seems to be a full time job. Have you placed me here? Have you directed my steps here so that I can fully understand what it is to submit to You. Is this Your way of keeping me humble and connected? If it is, thank You for keeping me here, bringing me here and allowing me to be here. I appreciate Your wisdom and direction for all the days I breathe and live here.



© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me