Translate

Friday, July 13, 2012

Day 913 of Giving Thanks

Sometimes it is in the pain that you realize all the glorious miracles... if there was no strife, no struggle, no pain, how would you know what you truly need? Daily I am led to the truth, as Christ leads me. I certainly don't understand much of my life's circumstances or all the reasons for things. But I do understand God's faithfulness.

This morning I had to remind myself, “Don't be overwhelmed with my day, be overwhelmed with my God”. 

It seems there are so many dealing with so much right now. Is it that when we have so much on our “to deal with” list, we become more sensitive to this in others? That is how I am feeling these days. There are many asking for extra prayer and support and the amazing and wonderful thing is that God, who is the source, will never run out of what we need. During this time, as we all wade through the spiritual battles we can remember that the LORD has sent us a Spiritual flood of His Living Water. Let us remember... let me say that again, LET US REMEMBER, who we live for and that HE IS OUR STRENGTH AND OUR SUSTENANCE.

He is our everything. I KNOW HE IS MY EVERYTHING.

I have said often that pain is my equalizer and keeps me coming to my Father... this week has been especially challenging, but I see a difference. My time with God is more praising and worship than begging and whining. I am grateful for growth and maturity. And, as I reflect on all that I am grateful for, I consider all the reasons my life is so filled with gratitude.

Why I am So Grateful
God’s faithfulness;
The wonderful family God has given me through the ministry groups I work with;
The obstacles and challenges that are continually come up;
The opportunities daily to be faithful and hopeful;
And, most of all the promises that become more and more embedded into who I am and who I am becoming according to His will. 
It all really comes down to the beginning of our salvation, the light that flooded the darkness. His light, in our dark hearts and the transformation we experiences through living in His light, living “in the light”. 

Experience of living “in the light” “Here, then, is the message which we heard from him, and now proclaim to you: GOD IS LIGHT and no shadow of darkness can exist in him. Consequently, if we were to say that we enjoyed fellowship with him and still went on living in darkness, we should be both telling and living a lie. But if we really are living in the same light in which he eternally exists, then we have true fellowship with each other, and the blood which his Son shed for us keeps us clean from all sin. If we refuse to admit that we are sinners, then we live in a world of illusion and truth becomes a stranger to us. But if we freely admit that we have sinned, we find God utterly reliable and straight forward—He forgives our sins and makes us thoroughly clean from all that is evil. For if we take up the attitude “we have not sinned”, we flatly deny God’s diagnosis of our condition and cut ourselves off from what he has to say to us.” ~1 John 1:5-10 (J.B. Phillips New Testament)


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me