Translate

Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 920 of Giving Thanks

Discovering today, the strength I have in You LORD. Learning how to remove all of me in the process and discover all of You as You guide, protect and correct.

As I finish out a long day, I am satisfied with God’s direction and my listening. Mostly, I love God’s direction and falter in the listening part – but today, through experience, scripture, prayer and calm, I moved a step forward today. I found the ground, when just last week, I barely knew the ground existed in that same spot. Good news? Excellent news! And, it is because of His “Good News” that I can be expectant. And, I am very expectant, even and especially through uncertain or rough times. My constant cry is, “Help me Lord Jesus to imitate You today and represent our LORD on high in all I do. Help me remember daily, and moment to moment all that You have already done. Let me reflect, and be grateful, rather than dwell and be needy.”


“For God so loved the world that he gave his only and unique Son, so that everyone who trusts in him may have eternal life, instead of being utterly destroyed." ~John 3:16 (The Complete Jewish Bible)

He loves us...

"Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord," ~Acts 3:19 (New International Version)

We are to love Him, and come to Him on our own accord. Because of His shed blood, life is possible.

All things are possible because we are His. All things including abiding by His precepts because once we are His, we have Him to help us through the Holy Spirit.

“He gives power to the faint and weary, and to him who has no might He increases strength [causing it to multiply and making it to abound].” ~Isaiah 40:29 (Amplified Bible)

I remember these words. 

(Read all of Psalm 119)
Psalm 119:1-8 (Common English Bible)"Those whose way is blameless—who walk in the Lord’s Instruction—are truly happy!Those who guard God’s laws are truly happy!They seek God with all their hearts.They don’t even do anything wrong!They walk in God’s ways.God, you have ordered that your decreesshould be kept most carefully.How I wish my ways were strongwhen it comes to keeping your statutes!Then I wouldn’t be ashamedwhen I examine all your commandments.I will give thanks to you with a heart that does rightas I learn your righteous rules.I will keep your statutes.Please don’t leave me all alone!" ~Psalm 119:1-8 (Common English Bible)
Looking at my life as a way to honor the gifts God has graced me with brings an entirely new perspective to, “for I know the plans I have for you” (Jeremiah 29:10), in that we are to honor God by using the talents He created us with. Every day is an exercise of reflecting on, “Increase You in me LORD”  (John 3:30).

© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me