Translate

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 882 of Giving Thanks

Last night I dreamt. And, it was one of those dreams that, while dreaming, it was so real; I can’t shake this dream.

It started out in my doctor’s office. The words came and penetrated through me like liquid steel, sharp pain into the mind and solar plexus, yet enveloped every part of me. My first thought was, “OK God… take me through, what’s my next step?”

From the doctor’s office to home, where things moved pretty quickly, not a soul was told what was relayed to me in the doctor’s office. I prayed through my days and had a sense that it truly was me and God against the world. I changed. Boldness was no longer a request, but a character trait; the gospel was spoken, no matter what I said – Jesus was seen. It’s like I no longer spoke in my own strength, each day was “the” opportunity to share what I knew…

In the dream, “time” was no longer a factor, places, people, projects and daily activity had no boundary of time for me; days had gone by, I know because of the accomplishments at work. I suspected it was about a week that had passed in my dream. And, it was time. With another doctor visit, and this time with Chris. For me the words were no longer urgent, but just part of the plan. But for Chris, it was life and death. The verse that comes to mind, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”” ~Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version) And at that moment, it was time to say what I had always wanted to say to my husband – timing is everything.

As most married couples, we have moments when we doubt the love of our spouse; this was not one of them. This was a moment of seeing through years of repair and compassion; years of passion to be one, as we promised that first day; this is what I thought of as Chris looked at me. I said, “I don’t want to talk about my death here. I want to talk about your life eternally. I want you in heaven with me, and I want you to know what I know; heaven is real, the God I know is real and it is His desire for you to know Him too.” And that was it, really, that is all God gave me in that moment. Again, it was time to live the example and love my husband. I’ve wanted to share so often, one of my favorite verses, and prayed for him to “get it”, “receive it”; that is still my prayer.

“Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, does not faint or grow weary; there is no searching of His understanding.“He gives power to the faint and weary, and to him who has no might He increases strength [causing it to multiply and making it to abound].“Even youths shall faint and be weary, and [selected] young men shall feebly stumble and fall exhausted;“But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired.” ~ Isaiah 40:28-31 (Amplified Bible)

I had a sense of purpose like never before, but why? The words that were delivered in the doctor’s office both times, were, “Shawn, you have a very rare disorder that can attack at any moment, there is no diagnoses, no treatment and no timeline, but at any moment you will stop breathing and die.”

As I sit here now, with this dream still clear, like I “really walked in these shoes” and the awareness of the message still resonating and marinating through my mind, I am filled with hope. 

Were these really words of a dream? No, this is the reality of all of our lives. At any moment, we can be taken home, ill or not, the diagnosis is clear, and the cure has been given and it is truly our job to share it.

I hear it asked, "When is it your moment?"




© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me