Translate

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 881 of Giving Thanks


Can you say, “Misfits, sinners and liars”? Really, that is what we are… but so are all of God’s people, right? It’s when we start to believe that we are perfect that perfection slips away. We are all on “this journey” that will ultimately bring us to eternal perfection in the presence and glory or our King. Now, with that said, we as “misfits, sinners and liars”, we are wholly covered by the blood of salvation, which is provided in love through the perfect life of Christ, an undeserving grace.

“But God shows His love for us, because while we were still sinners Christ died for us.” ~Romans 5:8 (Common English Bible)

Oh God, I am looking for strength to keep moving today. I am so physically exhausted, yet cannot stop. In Your strength, in Your arms, let the help from the Holy Spirit be realized. Let me trust that all things today will be accomplished according to Your will. As I look at the pile of things to be done, and the clock that seems to move quicker than my attempts, I pray for time and wisdom to be effective and productive, in Your precious name Jesus, I pray. Thank You Father for giving me the desire for obedience. Amen.

I have been praying on, and listening for much on the subject of obedience. Often we believe, if we "do this", God will "do that"... really, it's when we abide by God's desires for us to be "more like Christ", we can see all that He has already laid before us and our life is blessed. It's not a tit for tat relationship; my relationship with my Creator is a thankful and revel in being like Christ response to His love for me. I will obey when I "get" that He loves me like no one else can possibly love me. Because He loves me, I have grace; and it’s when I begin to understand what Jesus did for me, I can begin to understand the greatness of His love for me… when I begin to understand His love, I can love Him more and obedience begins and continues to manifest.

“In this the love of God was made manifest (displayed) where we are concerned: in that God sent His Son, the only begotten or unique [Son], into the world so that we might live through Him.“In this is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation (the atoning sacrifice) for our sins.“Beloved, if God loved us so [very much], we also ought to love one another.” ~1 John 4:9-11 (Amplified Bible)

Grateful... truly grateful today and every day. For more than I ever thought possible. 

Through rough waters, Jesus keeps me in the boat.

Many times in my past, when things were rough, I thought swimming in my strength was safer and better than trusting something I couldn't see or hold on to... going under, gasping for air, getting dragged to the shore and being brought back to life has taught me there is nothing safer than faith in the unseen, perfect strength of the Holy Spirit, all knowing Father and protection I have in Jesus' blood. He is all I need, not seen, but greatly known. With Him, I am unshakeable.

“This means that in this final “shaking” all that is impermanent will be removed, that is, everything that is merely “made”, and only the unshakeable things will remain. Since then we have been given a kingdom that is “unshakeable”, let us serve God with thankfulness in the ways which please Him, but always with reverence and holy fear. For it is perfectly true that our ‘God is a burning fire’.” ~Hebrews 12:28-29 (J.B. Phillips New Testament)

© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me