Translate

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 892 of Giving Thanks

I have had a thought running through my head for a couple hours now, and as I tried to figure out what it meant, I figured I better just start writing and let it unfold. Actually, the word that has been filtering through my mind is “unfold” and the quick picture that popped into my head was that God works to meticulously fold-in all the details of our life – the example I see is perfectly folded laundry. A shirt perfectly creased, pressed and prepared. That is what He does. He prepares us perfectly and helps us look so much better by getting out all the wrinkles and pressing us to perfection. As I thought of my word again, “unfold”, I think of all we do to undo what He does. Sometimes out of ignorance, many times out of disobedience and others just laziness. But there is one thing for sure, every time... God is faithful and desires us to do right.

”My body and my heart fail, but God is my heart’s rock and my share forever.” ~Psalm 73:26 (Common English Bible)

Lord, I want to stay in the fold. I want to make sure that all things are done to accomplish that perfection that You so desire for my life. I pray for wisdom, strength and discernment to do the right things, be the right person and know the right path.

Let me truly understand that You are what makes me, and who perfects me and gives me life – life in the here and now and life eternal.

“The bread of God is the one who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.” ~ John 6:33 (Common English Bible)

Then I think of being “folded in”. Just like making the perfect crust – folding-in, in perfect measure. That is what He does for me. All of His goodness, lessons and corrections are folded in to make me perfect. I just have to realize that it’s when I start playing with the ingredients, or playing with what is there too long that is when things don’t work as they are designed.

“But look here: God is my helper; my Lord sustains my life.” ~Psalm 54:4 (Common English Bible)

Often times I am only aware that I have a lesson in the words or thoughts, but rarely know how they will come together. Tonight has been one of them. It makes sense in my heart, I pray it makes sense to the page.




© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me