Translate

Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 884 of Giving Thanks

Hi God... I didn't forget about my quiet time today, however, it did not go according to plan. Sometimes I wonder, was that You or me? Even though my quiet time was not “officially” noted on my calendar, I did come to be with you often today, was that You or me? As I sit here now, I am amazed with You... for it is You drawing me nearer, so I will seek You more. For me every day is a test – a test of faith, courage and trust.

As close as I have become to my Savior, my King, my God during these few years of growing in the Word and in faith, I am still in awe at how much I must learn and how much I desire to change. Today as my obedience was tested, the desire to step back into the old habit of complaining was strong. Yet, His desire through the Holy Spirit for my actions was, thankfully, much stronger. Free will, God’s will, you bet. It is only through living for Him that my will becomes, “His will be done”. 

On Sunday, as turmoil and the ploys of the enemy worked to bring the wall of faith down into rubble for my family, I was reminded of James 1:5 which tells us that God’s wisdom is ours when we ask. “Now if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask for it from God, who gives to all without reservation and not reproaching, and it will be given to him.” (Lexham English Bible)

I believe that has been one of my biggest challenges. My heart says, trust, my head says “do”… when I place my desire to do above, His promises that it is already done, I get into trouble. 1 Peter 1 provides a great reminder of this for me, and verse 5 provides so much wisdom. “Through his faithfulness, you are guarded by God’s power so that you can receive the salvation he is ready to reveal in the last time.”  1 Peter 1:5 (Common English Bible)

We will be tested every day.... When we act through the strength, wisdom and power of the LORD through the Holy Spirit, we are strengthened even more, we gain God wisdom and we start to realize that we truly are powerful beyond measure because of whose we are.

I am stubborn, at times stuck in the stupidity of my past, and yet grateful to have been saved from myself. And, I have learned that only in the words that I have leaned greatly on, do I find the comfort to move toward obedience and listen for the truth that only the Holy Spirit can give… which is my daily hope and is my daily strength.

A New Birth to a Living Hope – “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, into an inheritance imperishable and undefiled and unfading, reserved in heaven for you who are being protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time, in which you rejoice greatly, although now for a short time, if necessary, you are distressed by various trials, so that the genuineness of your faith, more valuable than gold that is passing away, but is tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom, although you have not seen, you love; in whom now you believe, although you do not see him, and you rejoice greatly with joy inexpressible and full of glory, obtaining the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.” 1 Peter 1:1-9 (Lexham English Bible)

Father, we come before You and thank You for the many blessings we receive and ask that we have eyes to recognize them and the hearts to share them with others. Today LORD was another busy day, one that was non-stop and full of surprises - thank You for those mountains that moved and the clearing can be seen greatly. I have seen so many miracles and works of wonder in my days lately, and it is awesome. I am asking for strength and clarity as we come to You for counsel. Help me to be completely accurate and alert, thankful and thoughtful as I communicate with others, especially those who are not as gracious as I would like, but help me to be the Jesus in their day. In the unending power and full strength of Jesus, I pray. Amen.


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me