Translate

Friday, May 18, 2012

Day 889 of Giving Thanks

Sometimes, it's the few words that make the greatest difference; it's the profound messages that come from the LORD that move all things; it's the Word of God that gives clarity and definition to our lives. Let us love in the light of the LORD, let us shine in the love of the LORD.

We can relay our message through a book or cliff notes; we live in a society of briefs, shortcuts and summaries. With that said, I prefer the short and sweet and to the point and on point messages.

So tonight it will be short, just a few notes from my day.

“Divine favor -- Look, happy is the person whom God corrects; so don’t reject the Almighty’s instruction.” Job 5:17 (Common English Bible)

Dear Lord, 


I am so exhausted. In the close of the day, knowing that I need to shut my day out and focus on You, I am so ready to be in Your presence. I am so ready to forget all the challenges of my day. Into Your presence LORD... help me with Your words, Your Word... Help me with Your strength and wisdom. 


Your daughter.

Oh, and every day is a day of rest, worship and reflection... I love celebrating the Sabbath daily.

We are to work hard, not for the reward for what God will give us, but in gratitude for what has already been accomplished through Christ.

Hope is because He is and He did....

Our God is good, so good... and we have the love that is proven through Jesus and the unending presence with us in the Holy Spirit. I love You LORD... help me submit to Your will.

Today, I found rest, even in all the work and busyness. I found hope in knowing that I am changing and growing, and He is guiding and correcting all along the way.

This verse sums up how I feel so well, “But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceful, gentle, obedient, full of mercy and good fruits, nonjudgmental, without hypocrisy, And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace amon those who make peace.” ~James 3:17-18 (Lexham English Bible)







© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me