Translate

Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 890 of Giving Thanks

“It is to freedom that you have been called, my brothers. Only be careful that freedom does not become mere opportunity for your lower nature. You should be free to serve each other in love. For after all, the whole Law toward others is summed up by this one command, ‘You shall love your neighbour as yourself’.”  ~Galatians 5:13 (J.B. Phillips New Testament)

The LORD has mercy on us... do you believe He is the power of all things? For you will not see His mercy without a belief - faith provides proof. I have seen the great work of the LORD in my life, through and in others. It is a daily adventure in the LORD to watch people and circumstances move in my life. Mostly I am amazed by how much I am changed and have transformed. I am grateful to allow the LORD to take me in, move me forward and draw me nearer. It is my daily pleasure to be in His presence and realize His will. As I ready myself to rest, I am reminded that I only rest because of Him – I only receive because I seek – I only realize because I submit. I look forward to discovering all that He has for me, learning to grow

Restoration of a relationship only takes one person to forgive... the rest comes through persistent prayer, faith and time - God's time. In watching others, praying for others and hearing from others, I am learning many things. I am learning to rest in His promise and depend on His work, strength and power – which are really the same things. He works and all things are accomplished in His strength if we want them done correctly and it all comes through a dependence on Him. May I say again, I submit to His will. May I know that it is His work that gives me my work. I am grateful for the many things that I have come to know over the years, and again. Getting to know Him by leaning in and being drawn has given me so much joy and hope for all things in my life. Given what we have been given, through the Christ, doesn't it just make sense to give to others - forgiveness out of love, love out of gratitude and gratitude through praise daily?

I am learning that freedom is not an absence of boundaries, but the presence of God’s boundaries and desires for my life. I am learning that all things that come through the LORD are what is good and right. And, all things that I do should be done in gratitude for what He has done, and with that in mind, loving and encouraging others is easy, and simply accomplished.

I am grateful for the love I have undeservingly receive and want so desperately to give in the same manner to others. Thank You Father, that in Your strength and through Your will, this is accomplished. Thank You for reminding me that I need You, depend on You and can only glorify You when I know this to be true.

FREEDOM comes only through knowing the dependence on my Creator. Today, I am greatly dependent and eternally grateful for it.


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me